• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Italy is in sight!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll go ahead and jump back in but on my own username this time, it'll only be one rig since we have a big folding race coming up but every little bit helps right? :thup:

*Edit: Here I am!

Last edited:
Go Overclockers! :attn:

Arrghh its not fun to watch this old P4 crunching anymore, I may have to replace it with a new shiny C2D in the near future. Apr 22 here I come :D

Hamm3r said:
Go Overclockers! :attn:

Arrghh its not fun to watch this old P4 crunching anymore, I may have to replace it with a new shiny C2D in the near future. Apr 22 here I come :D

I'm being so very good, no upgrades in so long.....

But the being good will end eventually with a bang....

Quad time is coming

While I expect to be down in RAC a little for the next few weeks I hope to make up for it in the final stretch. Just got word yesterday that the newly acquired (but used) A8N32 board and OCZ RAM is sitting at the post office. :) Another 939 rig should take up some of the slack from the other machines being off-line intermittently for WC experiments ...

In May I'll get my laptop going again and as soon as the Pentium E comes out I want one of them... I am pretty sure the nForce 4 board I have will support it.

Looks like the price drops and processor additions have now hit Newegg on some of the C2D's but not others. E4300 is now $135.00 and they are now offering the E4400 for 159.00. The E4400 is what I have been waiting for myself to use on my 775i65G board, since it is so limited in fsb headroom. That will replace an older A64 rig or maybe my daughter's ancient P4 machine.

Yeah. I have not had my P4 running since the power draw is so high lol. that thing @ 4.0Ghz draws like 485 watts with the GPU going... I'm hoping with a Pentium E I can keep it below 400.

kyleslater said:
Yeah. I have not had my P4 running since the power draw is so high lol. that thing @ 4.0Ghz draws like 485 watts with the GPU going... I'm hoping with a Pentium E I can keep it below 400.

What is a Pentium E, if I may ask? I wouldn't buy anything that is based on the old netburst architecture if you are looking for something economical to run. To give you an idea of what C2D is like, my main rig is an E6600 overclocked to to around 3325 and a 7900GTX vid card. With it crunching but not doing any graphics intensive stuff like right now, my APC software is showing a load of only 226 watts. I imagine while gaming that it might get as high as 300 watts max. Conroe/Allendale is the way to go if you are looking for economical performance.

muddocktor said:
What is a Pentium E, if I may ask? I wouldn't buy anything that is based on the old netburst architecture if you are looking for something economical to run. To give you an idea of what C2D is like, my main rig is an E6600 overclocked to to around 3325 and a 7900GTX vid card. With it crunching but not doing any graphics intensive stuff like right now, my APC software is showing a load of only 226 watts. I imagine while gaming that it might get as high as 300 watts max. Conroe/Allendale is the way to go if you are looking for economical performance.

You gotta give us the RAC for that machine if you want to sell us completely :)

eaglescouter said:
You gotta give us the RAC for that machine if you want to sell us completely :)

Linky to this bad boy.:D

This machine seriously kicks *** on crunching. It's right now down to less than 2600 RAC as all my machines stopped pulling work down about 10 days or so ago and I didn't niotice for a few days and that knocked the RAC down on all my farm. But this machine has been as high as 2800+ RAC.

muddocktor said:
Linky to this bad boy.:D

This machine seriously kicks *** on crunching. It's right now down to less than 2600 RAC as all my machines stopped pulling work down about 10 days or so ago and I didn't niotice for a few days and that knocked the RAC down on all my farm. But this machine has been as high as 2800+ RAC.

Yep. Even the E6300 can pull a 1400+ RAC. Those are some bad boys...

Wow the c2d's are serious crunchers...well I should have another board up and crunching soon...a gigabyte k8n939 with a opteron 144

Back