• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's been a while.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCnewbee

So it has been a long time since I flushed my fluid out of my loop. I want to re bleed the loop and replace the tubing and the fluid in the mean time. Need some advice.

1 Have: tygon r3603 1/2"id 3/4" od clear tubing.
change to: ???

2. Have: Fluid XP extreme blood red
Change to: ???

3. How to complete flush the radiator and cpu and gpu blocks clean of current liquid?

Thanks

Sevan

1. if your happy with it buy some more. i personally love my masterkleer 7/16" tubing and will recommend it as well. it's only $0.59 per foot. and if you order 10 feet from jabtech it's dropped to $0.49.

2. swap it for distilled water. if you must have colour see about using coloured tubing (primochill LRT seems to be well liked) otherwise use dye's. i like feser dye's and use them myself. (red and blue for each loop)

3. do it the same as you did when you got them. flush with hot soapy water then flush a couple or more times with distilled water. take apart the blocks as there is no doubt crap built up from the dye. let the rad soak in vinegar for 10-15 minutes then flush with distilled.

curious do dye`s effect the coolant in any form?
such as performance or would that just be hair splitting time?

It's hair splitting. I do remember a liquid rather recent that is kinda thick. Not a dye, but it's so thick it can slow your flow rate below a good value. They reduced it to 1/2 distilled and temps got better. Dyes etc done wrong won't immediately affect the loop. but there have been cases where it began to seperate and loved sticking to the CPU block pins, causing temp problems. Not all types, not all instances, but it has happened.

1. Primochill LRT UV red. I used to be a diehard 3603 kind of guy, then I heard that a Tygon rep admitted that it wasn't all that good for water cooling. :eek:

2. See option one if you want some color. Straight distilled and silver (killcoils and/or silver fittings). It's simple, elegant, will kill everything that gets into your loop and won't gum your blocks.

3. Drain, fill with distilled, let it run for a few minutes then repeat to you hearts desire, because distilled is SO cheap compared to FluidXP. If your loop isn't configured to make this process easy, now is a good time to rethink the plumbing too. :D

EDIT: If you don't want to take your blocks apart, and are patient, water is one of the best solvents there is. It'll slowly desovle and suspend any gunk in your blocks. You'll be able to easily tell what's happening by the change in the color of your coolant.

Thanks guys I saw the primo chill stuff but wasn't sure. I will look into it and decide. I might look into re doing the loop just cause I'm bored with it really. I have a mac that I can use in the mean time.

K made up my mind, going to go with the primo chill tubing, just to add some color to the case. Also going to do the switch to Distilled water, do I need to add anything to the water? EK8800gtx block and the swiftech Apogee GT and the mpc655. Iodine or any additive?

Petras vcarries the best biocide in a bottle, all you need is a few drops. PHN Nuke for distilled only.

Or Ians silver killcoil, Petra has it too. Just pure silver that fits in the tube. Very popular and lasts forever.

Either will be excellent.

Back