• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's that time again...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
but is there any trick with installing this on a SATA drive? or will overclockix recognize it right away?

Run it live and go to menu/system/Kinfocenter in the menu and take a peak at your hardware. The machine I'm on right now has a SATA controller and is running Overclockix out of the CD-ROM right now. Hang on...let me take a quick look; yep, my WD Raptor is recognized, and sees my Liteon optical drive, etc. I don't know if I'll install Overclockix on this particular machine, but if I do I'll let you know.

Good to know. Sorry I didn't have an answer, but I don't generally build the kernels for Overclockix.

Great work Arkaine, looks awesome.

I never knew about the Linux F@H client being slower than the windows one under wine.. makes no sense to me.

BOINC won't run

I've tried running BOINC from the Live-CD version...no luck.

I installed Overclockix to hdd and tried again (after getting that mouse to work)...no luck...it states that it couldn't connect to localhost. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

I ran it through the console to see if any errors came up, and, alas, one did.

Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/home/pwall/.mozilla/default/*/prefs.js: No such file or directory.

:rolleyes:

And alas, it doesn't. I checked, and that directory goes all the way to default, ./*/ doesn't exist.

* is a wildcard, you can't name a directory *. Sounds like some kind of an error with a wildcard being passed in quotes instead of expanded.

According to the knoppix website you run

Code:
sudo knoppix-installer

the sudo command runs that command at root.

I am guessing the actuall program would be /usr/sbin/knoppix-installer

Can this be modified to run SETI? I have access to many different desktops that run windows. They are idle 25days a week. No software can be installed on them. I need a CD that I can boot to run BOINC under Linux.

Has anyone done this? If so where should I look. I am a n00b when it comes to Linux.

Boinc is included. All you'd want to do is-

Issue the command foldoff so that overclockix will shutdown folding@home. Then navigate in the menus to K > OVERCLOCKIX > Tools > Boinc to start the configuration GUI for boinc. Alternately, the command would be boincmgr.

Back