• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Ivy Bridge Rumors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gigabyte has released bios files to support Ivy Bridge and PCIe 3.0 on all Gigabyte lga1155 mobos.

PCIe 3.0 is, of course, only found in Ivy Bridge CPUs.

Ivy Bridge is a possible upgrade for me to. When is the Intel launch going to be for the IB? I can't wait I want it to!

Gigabyte has released bios files to support Ivy Bridge and PCIe 3.0 on all Gigabyte lga1155 mobos.

PCIe 3.0 is, of course, only found in Ivy Bridge CPUs.

Hopefully other board manufactures will follow suit....

Hopefully other board manufactures will follow suit....

I can see ASUS doing it and ASROCK at one time tried to be the leader in upgradability so I think they will give it a go as well. MSI should follow suit a little later but other than that you may be SOL.

Right. I running F5 bios on my p67a-ud4-b3 which states that it adds Gigabyte's TouchBios compatibility AND Adds Intel 22nm CPU Support. I assume 22nm is IB correct?

Okay I would like to know more about the architectural improvments of IB. I have heard things but have not seen a block diagram and one of the things I have heard is an improved DMI (doubled). If this is the case would that not cause a slight crippling of the CPU on z68 which uses a 20Gbps link to the CPU?

DMI is PCIe with a New Improved Name, so I imagine it's running at 3.0 now instead of 2.0.
Given that, it's probably going to be crippled on current Z68 boards.
Will that matter? Probably not.

DMI is PCIe with a New Improved Name, so I imagine it's running at 3.0 now instead of 2.0.
Given that, it's probably going to be crippled on current Z68 boards.
Will that matter? Probably not.

Yeah probably not but if the storage keeps moving to faster and faster speeds it can. I was just thinking that Intel would do us a big favor if they would drop more details about the architecture on us. I bought a Z68 for what it is not what it may be and I see many questions about Z68 IB support.

I think the best bet is to wait for IB chipsets if your ultimate plan is IB and to buy if you plan on using SB and are just looking at a potential UG option after your SB seems slow.

Last edited:
I want to see IvyBridge chips make the "old" 5GHz old news and make 6GHz possible on air... :D

Impossible, I know. But it would be sweet. In all honesty, though, I'd be happy with more efficient chips with higher clock speeds and better performance all around (especially in benchmarks, more specifically 3D benchmarks... ;) )

Well now tha BD has had it's 15 of fame it is time to get this thang going.

I am sorry but I go with bang for the buck and at this point the AMD processors are not over priced but they have lost much of the bang:( The jury is still out for me and I may get one, one day, and torture it.

I am sorry but I go with bang for the buck and at this point the AMD processors are not over priced but they have lost much of the bang:( The jury is still out for me and I may get one, one day, and torture it.

I could do so, if I have some extra money.
Torture it... and sell it to some PPL!

I was stunned that they seem to be underperforming compared to the Phenom II's... Unless it's an OS limitation or something... That's NetBurst territory.

Back