• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iwill KK266 and 750 Duron Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamokie

Ok here's the deal. I purchased a 750Mhz duron back in march. I was using if for a game server for about two months on a ECS mobo. So i has been used for some time. Roughly the same time i purchased a 1.0Ghz T-bird and slapped it in a new Iwill KK266 mobo. I purchased this board cause i new at some time i would like to overclock. Didn't know when but knew i wanted to do it in the future for two months i was running that t-bird in there all default settings, FSB 100 and so on.

Just last week i got this itch to get that duron up to 1.0GHz. So i proceeded to take the 1.0GHz T-bird out of the Iwill and put it in the ECS. I put the 750Mhz Duron in and easily got up to 900 after unlocking it with a mechanical pencil. Now when i tried to go up to 950 i wouldn't get any video on the restart, after adusting it in the bios.

Then i looked at the manual and i saw that i could adjust the FSB by changing a jumper. once i did that i still had the same problem. I am completely puzzled by the problem. Just for kicks i unlocked my 1.0GHz and put the jumper to 133 and it posted at 1.33 but i wasn't actually able to boot into windows. I am thinking that might have been due to the fact that i only had a crappy fanner HSF on it at the time.

I am gonna give my system specs and if you guys can think of anything to get the duron running.

Iwill KK266 rev 1.1
750 Duron unlocked with defogger paint.
256 PC133 kingstion value ram by viking
fanner 4200rpm HSF(used for testing speed postings)
ThermoEngine with delta 60x60x25mm 7200rpm
blue orb(chipset)
300watt antec ps

BTW i was using the Fanner fan just to test the speeds i could get up to while monitoring my temps i was roughly at 95F with the fanner. The thermoengine will go on once i know the speed i am gonna stay at. I don't get up to 1.0+ i will leave the fanner fan on since it keeps a steady 95 when @900MHz

If any of you have the same board revision and cpu please help.

Read the kk266 faq here:

Also read this artice:

Check the IWILL forum at amdmb.com

This sounds like a classic case of bios initialization. Link all the L7's to default the V at 1.85 upon boot. Once it boots, the bios can take over and all should be ok. If not, link the L6 to lower the multi. You can make it a 700 easily...

You are lowering the multi when you change the jumper right?

You are upping the V in the bios right?

You are upping the VIO by jumper right?

Your ram can handle 133 right? What mem timings?

What bios are you using?

Alright i'm gonna tell you right now that I am a n00bie when it comes to this stuff. I really can't tell you the timings on the ram. It is PC133 ram so i'm sure it isn't the ram. now I didn't know what to do with the VIO so i didn't touch it and left it at 3.4v which is the defualt.

Now what will linking the L6 bridges do?

BTW i am on AIM if you have it. Please message me
xjamokiex

quadcity knows his stuff he helped me a couple of times! read those links and the L6's can adjust the default multiplier of the chip! the anandtech article about the 133a issue will explain it all.

I read that stuff and he still didn't get back to me.

I am still at 950. and my temp has gone down alot since i first put it to that. 50Mhz is all i ask =[ . Right now my settings are 9.5*100. I penciled in the L7 bridges so my defualt voltage is 1.85vcore, (1.89 in the hardware monitor) but when i tried the L6 bridges and setting the bus to 133 , i got a Bios Checksum error. I even put the VIO to +5 or what ever, and i got the same

I consider you as lucky boy!!

I almost have the same setting as you (kk-266 rev1.2 + Duron750) but no matter how I tried I only got a max of less than 920mhz.

My experience with diff seti was :
9.0 x 100fsb
8.5 x 106fsb
7.0 x 133fsb (windows protection error)
6.5 x 133fsb (experience cool boot problem)
6.5 x 140fsb (experience cool boot problem)

At the end I had to declare this as cpu LIMIT !

Back