• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jab-Tech's poor customer service....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jabtek said:
Believe it or not I do not feel comfortable commenting on other companies business habits, when pushed into a corner (like this case I believe) I try to leave it as open ended as possible without directly commenting on the company positively or negatively

I do not see anything offensive in the comment, if you honestly think I was out to offend you in anyway I already apologized, it is however simply not true..
Of course not, the comment was made from your customer support, and maybe it was made by you---On the flip-side, others have defended you,too(and I have even said that I would still recommend you)..And, no, I dont feel as if you intentionally set out to offend me.Perhaps this could have all been avoided if you posted your latter e-mail, rather than saying "good for them".Some have supported me, while others supported you. I think thats a positive! Keep in mind, my ONLY gripe was with the comment, and nothing else.Not once did I ask for you to pay the shipping, I just wasnt aware of how you handled things.I never said I had a problem with paying the shipping. Some people wonder if something was missing from my first post.Yes, there was something missing: when I found out that I would have to pay the shipping back to Jab-tech, then it put me into a position to price-shop. Believe it or not, some people need to save every penny they can when making purchases. So, when I asked for a quick reply, and then went on to say that I needed to determine who to make my purchase--its only because I had to then price-shop now that an extra $5+ dollars would factor into the final cost.Thats what was missing!

Last edited:
HeatM1ser2k4 said:
He did not reply after I sent my personal date (name, address, HOME
phone).I just sent him an e-mail because I fear that I have upset you by making a negative post about Jab-tech, and I certainly dont want to make an admin mad at me.

We are not mad at you, between you and I, many of these types of threads bring attention to yourself, and the actions you seem to have taken in haste made me take a second look, since I noticed you utilized our Classified section, I decided to look to see if you were in compliance, and low and behold, I saw the Gmail.

I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but since someone subtley baited me, I'll bite.

I'm willing to admit I wasn't the easiest person to deal with over what was obviously a trivial matter to you. I'd never filed a complaint or left a bad review for any online retailer until I realized I'd actually been banned from the website in the process of an RMA. That is beyond juvenile. I was naive to Active PFC and now I know it really doesn't make alot of difference, but that's beside the point. I was obviously unhappy (I stated that in my first email) and you did make an error.

How much money would you really lose by saying, "I'm sorry, since I made a mistake you'll get free ground shipping on your next order from jab-tech within XX pound(s)." That also encourages repeat customers and unless you make alot of mistakes, I can't see it being a costly effort.

Kilyin said:
I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but since someone subtley baited me, I'll bite.

I'm willing to admit I wasn't the easiest person to deal with over what was obviously a trivial matter to you. I'd never filed a complaint or left a bad review for any online retailer until I realized I'd actually been banned from the website in the process of an RMA. That is beyond juvenile. I was naive to Active PFC and now I know it really doesn't make alot of difference, but that's beside the point. I was obviously unhappy (I stated that in my first email) and you did make an error.

How much money would you really lose by saying, "I'm sorry, since I made a mistake you'll get free ground shipping on your next order from jab-tech within XX pound(s)." That also encourages repeat customers and unless you make alot of mistakes, I can't see it being a costly effort.

You are correct but everything is easy with hindsight.. When people state publicly they are no longer a customer there IP is banned, No sense in window shopping, does only last a few weeks though.. We were also no longer in the process of the RMA, you were issued the RMA form long before you were banned.

Your circumstances were also totally different and it didn't get sour until I received the threatening email from whoever Manny is.. I choose not to comment on your thread because I didn't believe that you were totally responsible for your actions, you were pointed in the direction by other people and then acted.

You have also made personal comments about me "Smary Little Punk" springs to mind, Yet I am not offended even in the slightest.. For some reason the word Smary always reminds me of Marmite.

Last edited:
Kilyin said:

I can definately see your point. I never asked them to pay for the shipping...I just enquired about their RMA policy,and stated what my experience has been with other vendors BEFORE he replied by saying "Good for them" and stating his policy was to have the customer pay for the shipping costs for the RMA.I am taking money from my wallet, and making his wallet fatter. As a matter of fact, my first RMA came through Newegg. I didnt ask newegg---they told me that they were putting a $10 credit on my account to use for a later purchase.I felt loyal to newegg ever since then.Its not my company, but for a new customer who just spend around $200 between several purchases, I would have to the person RMA'ing the product that they would recieve free ground shipping if they purchased the replacement block from my company....thats just me.Thats how newegg sucked me in,and I will always give newegg the benefit of the doubt because of them offering the credit without me asking.Thats a company who is good to their customers,and values their customers.Not saying Jabtech doesnt care, but newegg does.

HeatM1ser2k4 said:
I am taking money from my wallet, and making his wallet fatter.

explain that to me, please. (especially considering jabtek's response above)

edit: i looked into this a bit more. you have got to be kidding me. you paid $38. thats at least $10.00 less than anyplace else. you're upset about paying <$3 to send it back? maybe other places would have paid for return shipping, but unless the return shipping costs $10, i see no reason for you to be complaining.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't have a clue who Manny is. I wasn't aware anyone was speaking on my behalf.

As for the personal comment, that was made in this thread after the fact. If you ban someone from your website during an RMA, why bother sending them the form to begin with? You don't really expect someone to pay to send hardware back to a potentially hostile party? Far too many variables at play to risk that, when there's direct manufacturer RMAs.

zip22 said:
explain that to me, please. (especially considering jabtek's response above)

edit: i looked into this a bit more. you have got to be kidding me. you paid $38. thats at least $10.00 less than anyplace else. you're upset about paying <$3 to send it back? maybe other places would have paid for return shipping, but unless the return shipping costs $10, i see no reason for you to be complaining.
I'm not complaining about the cost to send it back...please read the rest of the post.Also, that is a good price for the block, but it was also just a small portion of the recent purchases I made there.

Anyway...
My intentions were to simply share my experience with a particular vendor.Its up to the people who read it to decipher it whichever way they would like to.I felt the comment was offensive after spending my hard earned money there, aso I shared my experiences, as so many others have in these forums when they have had a good or bad experience.

Last edited:
This has gone beyond ridiculous.
At thier site...just as at most any seller's site...there is an explaination of "terms and conditions" which includes RMA policies.
It may behoove any buyer to read such sections on any site they're going to do business with.

this shouldnt be allowed. its one thing to have a legitimate complaint. this is considered harrasment.
you think because a person runs a store they need to cater to your every little whims.
well guess what?

no soup for you

LutaWicasa said:
This has gone beyond ridiculous.
At thier site...just as at most any seller's site...there is an explaination of "terms and conditions" which includes RMA policies.
It may behoove any buyer to read such sections on any site they're going to do business with.

I'm ending this thread as Lutawicasa said it best, what was said was said, and the issue is now moot.
Jab-Tech is a respectable outfit, if they weren't, they would have never bother replying to this ridiculous complaint here.

HeatM1ser2k4, Your Classified access was reinstated after I spoke to Lutawicasa, he was the one dealing with your situation. PS, I know your secret, so best read all the Classified rules. Not many people get a second chance, especially with me, had I discovered this, this thread wouldn't have ever been started if you catch my drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back