• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JFAN1 & JFAN2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Culbrelai

So I finally fixed my MassCool fans that were troubling me on the door of my Cosmos II, they were making a whining sound because they were scraping on the slightly raised part of plastic, I jammed some old sound dampening foam I had from my iBuyPower build between the screws and door and thereby raised them slightly from the door and they no longer make the sound.

This is more a motherboard problem than a fan problem, however.

There are two 3 pin ports on the very bottom of my SR-2, labeled JFAN1 and JFAN2

It's like they were perfectly placed there just for door fans like these.

So natrually I plugged the MassCools into there, not wanting them to be running at max all of the time because they're really loud, 50% is what I'm aiming for.

Went into the BIOS and there are no entries for JFAN1 or JFAN2 in the Hardware Health where the other fans are controlled.

Don't say its because they're not 4 pin, I have the same exact model MassCool plugged into a 3 pin further north near the RAM that can be controlled and is, beautifully I might add.

So what is the issue? :L I finally get something working and it just slaps you in the face ...

The fan controller on the Cosmos II doesn't go nearly low enough, unfortunately.

If the JFAN's can't be controlled, if I buy 3-pin extensions and plug them into the masscools and then into the mobo slots where I KNOW they can be controlled, can the fans be controlled through the extension? (the fans currently plugged in there are low/mediumish power and can run at 100% and I can't hear them over the other louder fans so ill probably shove them onto the fan controller if the answer to this is yes)

They probably are not designed to be controlled. Maybe for a chipset?

If you buy an extension and connect them to slots that have power regulation (not PWM only), yes, they will be controlled through the extension.

Oh, ill probably end up doing that.

Or I could buy another fan controller with knobs that lets you actually select single percentage digits (1%, 2%, 3%)

Know any good ones?

Back