• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just bought on ebay...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's a pretty sweet looking card I must say. I'm curious how well it will clock with all that cooling I'd imagine you will be voltage limited rather than thermal limited. post back what it clocks in at because I was lloking at a 270x for a buddies build he wants to start in early march.

Oh I will, AFAIK it is in fact voltage locked. And the cooler is actually the specific reason I wanted this card. This thing will be in my main rig for gaming/mining And truth be told the factory clocks are already pretty high. Superbiiz has the PCS+ in stock pretty cheap which was my second choice. Newegg has again decided to price gouge :(

if its volt locked, just reflash the bios. Myself and Silver_Pharoh have successfuly undervolted our cards by using GPUz to pull the BIOS.rom, using VBE7.0.0.7b to edit the .rom with a lower voltage, and then reflash with either ATIflash or ATIwinflash.

i reduced the Voltage on my card from 1.206 -> 1.087
Silver reduced from 1.236 -> 1.175

i get max hash, 420KH/s @ 1050/1490
Silver gets max, 474KH/s @ 1120/1500

so i would expect anywhere from 400-480 KH/s with a 270x

Oh I will, AFAIK it is in fact voltage locked. And the cooler is actually the specific reason I wanted this card. This thing will be in my main rig for gaming/mining And truth be told the factory clocks are already pretty high. Superbiiz has the PCS+ in stock pretty cheap which was my second choice. Newegg has again decided to price gouge :(

if its volt locked, just reflash the bios. Myself and Silver_Pharoh have successfuly undervolted our cards by using GPUz to pull the BIOS.rom, using VBE7.0.0.7b to edit the .rom with a lower voltage, and then reflash with either ATIflash or ATIwinflash.

i reduced the Voltage on my card from 1.206 -> 1.087
Silver reduced from 1.236 -> 1.175

i get max hash, 420KH/s @ 1050/1490
Silver gets max, 474KH/s @ 1120/1500

so i would expect anywhere from 400-480 KH/s with a 270x

Yep! :D

I used atiwinflash becasue I don't have any cd's to make a PURE DOS boot disk :p

Temps are down, power usage is lower win win :D
And, if you muck up the BIOS flash you can just stick another gpu and reflash the dead card. Easy peasy.

Was hoping for the Devil myself, but... same story. Out of stock everywhere and not expected to return. Compounding the issue, Newegg jacked up all their 270X prices to Canada into the $300 range. No way am I paying that.

So, I put an order in at NCIX this morning for the Powercolor PCS+ 270X for $240. It's not the Devil, but still looks like it'll keep up with my Asus. And it's not the price of an arm, a leg, and two eyeballs. That's all I want.

Now... if my VoS check would just show up so I can pay for this order, I'll be happy.

BTCstore has some of the sapphire 270x's in stock. but im not paying .3+ BTC for one...

not sure its the same one that silver got though.

Was hoping for the Devil myself, but... same story. Out of stock everywhere and not expected to return. Compounding the issue, Newegg jacked up all their 270X prices to Canada into the $300 range. No way am I paying that.

So, I put an order in at NCIX this morning for the Powercolor PCS+ 270X for $240. It's not the Devil, but still looks like it'll keep up with my Asus. And it's not the price of an arm, a leg, and two eyeballs. That's all I want.

Now... if my VoS check would just show up so I can pay for this order, I'll be happy.

$300 is what I paid for my 270x... 0.365 BTC shipped when BTC was ~$800.....
Meh, worth it IMO :)

It's only worth it when you have the money to pay it :p

NCIX is also selling Club3d 14S 270X cards for $225. Almost went for that one, but not too impressed with the cooling on that card.

Well, the Devil is back in stock at Newegg. That's the good news.

Bad news is, it's now $330 Canadian. $90 price hike? No thanks. The Sapphire Toxic 270X is cheaper than that.

Well, the Devil is back in stock at Newegg. That's the good news.

Bad news is, it's now $330 Canadian. $90 price hike? No thanks. The Sapphire Toxic 270X is cheaper than that.

That makes me angry.
I wish people would just stop buying these cards, and force the stores to lower prices again.

I've already stopped. Just can't afford those prices, mining or not.

NCIX shows signs of being on the gouging train too - Gigabyte 4GB 270X just came in stock for $335.

Me? I'm probably going to buy a 270 non-X now. I bought the Asus because I wanted something quiet for gaming as well as mining. The mining only cards I don't need to be so picky with.

I refuse to pay those prices too. Only way I buy those cards is if I find them for decent prices.
Ncix was one of the first to start ripping people off, with 280x prices.

That Gigabyte card is now $60 cheaper. Interesting. And by interesting, I mean "still too much money."

Hehe...

Well, my budget is $300 so the price isn't too high, but still... when a Gigabyte non X 270 is down at the $230 mark and will overclock to match my Asus, it's hard to ignore the savings.

AMD is talking about releasing a non X 280 now. I hope that helps with the gouging, but I worry those are going to hit the market pre-gouged.

Back