• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just decommisioned my 1600+ AGOIA Y 0213 =(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrackPot

I had this trusty pally for over a year now which has been solid as a rock at 1.9ghz. She'd might have been able to break the 2ghz mark, but my KX7r just won't go that fast:(. Sooo....I decided to pull the plug on my pally today and swapped in a 1700+ DLT3C 0310XPMW. Now this thing just rocks. So far it's stable at 12.5x181 (2263mhz) at 1.625v's. Temperatures are pretty farking high though, 53C load at a room temp at ~34C (HOT!!!).

Now what should I do with my 1600+...

It's a SLK800U w/ Smart Fan II.

I think I'll hold on to it for nostalgia reasons. It's prolly not worth that much anyways now that these 1700's are the new oc'ing chips

Those 1600 Pali's still make for nice folding CPU's...

If you haven't done this mod, it will help with your temps all around...

mount one or two side fans...if doing one...put it right across the CPU so it will get cooler outside air right too the Tt2 fan...and if doing two...but the bottom one right across from the VC...will help the VC keep cooler also...

Nice upgrade.

I think you mine as well keep it or give it to a close friend needing an upgrade. It won't be worth alot as it's pretty old. I had my AGOIA Y for 1 year now and it's still good and I think it'll stay like that for another 1-1.5 years. Of course, what I do on the computer is pretty limitted and 1.4ghz should be enough for a regular computer user seeing as they do pretty normal stuff on the computer, nothing that'll require 2ghz+.

Folding eh... that's what's this computer is going to for. I have a 1700+ DLT3C 0319 WPMW that's going to go in my primary rig (unless that one doesn't oc as good as this one).

Thanks for the cooling ideas. The hs is right by the rear exhaust fan and right below my enermax psu. As this case only has one intake fan (on top of the case), I think I'll reverse the rear exhaust fan so that air will come in from the rear, through the heatsink and out through the psu. But then again, the rear intake fan will prolly just recycle the hot dirty air :). Ohh well, temps are high but things seem stable.

Mod Pics

Take a look at the 3rd and 4th pictures...those are some old pics...but I kept the mod like that just replaced about everything else including the fans...

And no stealling or "borrowing" my GIF now ;)

im also gonna pull the plug on this same pally AGOIA Y 0213 this weekend whem my dl3tc gets home...

as for the nostalgia, im going to build a computer to my sisters so it will remain happyly overclocked and folding until the end :D

Just a quick update, curiosity overcame me and I decided to see how low of a vcore I could go. Right now I'm running at 1500+ speeds at 1.4v's Prime95 stable. The temps dropped to 1C above case temp (41C). Will try 1.3v tonight if prime is still runnin'.

Back