• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my 1700+ dlt3c - Results inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
frisco204 said:
i got my 1700 yesterday from excaliberpc.com (axda1700dlt3c jiuhb 0310xpmw) the chip is brown and the die is pink. gotta wait for my slk-900 and vantec 92mm fan to arrive so i can try this out.

i just got mine from excaliberpc.com and its the same as yours! brown waffer pinkish core. the stepping is AXDA1700DLT3C 9392447270181 JIUHB 0310 XPMW excaliber must have gotten alot of these? i bet i could order another and get one just like this one! mine did 2400mhz 200x12 1.75v right out of the box! i can post at 2500mhz but wont load windows? i must need better cooling so i can up the v-core? oh well im happy!

peace perc,

I got my 1700+ system up and running at 12.5*195 @1.6V with a 50mm delta on the NB, but
I can't seem to get above 200 with this system :(. for some reason I whatever voltage I run at SANDRA always tells me that I am running at about 1.57 volts, anyone else have this happen to you? this is a sweet chip!!

maybe my w/c system will let me hit 200?

percadann said:

i just got mine from excaliberpc.com and its the same as yours! brown waffer pinkish core. the stepping is AXDA1700DLT3C 9392447270181 JIUHB 0310 XPMW excaliber must have gotten alot of these? i bet i could order another and get one just like this one! mine did 2400mhz 200x12 1.75v right out of the box! i can post at 2500mhz but wont load windows? i must need better cooling so i can up the v-core? oh well im happy!

peace perc,

nice o/c! man i can't wait to test this! can't wait for my slk-900u and tornado vantec 92mm 119cm to come in!

You people are getting some very nice overclocks. These
"low volt" Tbred B are awsome!
AMD must have known full well they were making heavily
overclockable CPU.

Can't wait to get a more modern board to really push
these chips. :D

A fellow 8RDAer

gulp35 said:
I got my 1700+ system up and running at 12.5*195 @1.6V with a 50mm delta on the NB, but
I can't seem to get above 200 with this system :(. for some reason I whatever voltage I run at SANDRA always tells me that I am running at about 1.57 volts, anyone else have this happen to you? this is a sweet chip!!

maybe my w/c system will let me hit 200?

Try "Motherboard Monitor 5" Sandra tells me my cpu is a 1.65v model. :(

You're lucky to do 195fsb without a vdd mod. My ver. 1.1 would only do about 185fsb b4 crapping out.

Or it could be because of IMO POS Giel 3200 Ultra.
My 256MB stick was unstable at 200fsb. Memtest 3.0 would give me lots of errors.
My new stick of TwinMos just passed error free @208fsb

Check this out..... 2.6GHz........ Woot!
2.6GHz Primed

Good-Luck!

Susquehannock said:
You people are getting some very nice overclocks. These
"low volt" Tbred B are awsome!
AMD must have known full well they were making heavily
overclockable CPU.

Can't wait to get a more modern board to really push
these chips. :D

you think this is good you should check out the newer steppings they seem to take the lowest voltage of them all? i got one of the newer 0319 steppings and i can get 2100mhz at the cpu's defualt voltage of 1.5v just soooooo sweet i tell yeah! 33/27 on air! i love these new steppings! i was realy worried back a few months ago thinking AMD wouldnt make any more of these chip and that the newer steppings would suck BUT it looks like i was wrong? i have never been so glad to be wrong in my life either!

peace perc,

2610mhz boot into windows! Not stable but hot damn. 2.03vcore

This graph shows how some Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C's would behave at different Vcore, temperature with a HSF of 0.22 C/W (such as SLK800).

Overclocking characteristic (voltage, frequency, power, current, temperature) of a Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C for faster, slower chips

This graph shows how a fast Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C's would behave at different Vcore, temperature with different kinds of cooling.

Overclocking characteristic (voltage, frequency, power, current, temperature) of a Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C with different coolings (C/W)

The top set of curves are overclocking frequency vs Vcore,
the middle set of curves are CPU power dissipation vs Vcore,
the bottom set of curves are CPU die temperature vs Vcore.

(May have to scroll down or up to get to the exact post for the graphs).

Last edited:
You guys are making me sick. :p I thought I was gonna do well to get a 2100 from newegg. Well I'm only hitting [email protected] I can hit 2300 fairly stable but with 1.9v! Yikes. Anyway, looks like I got the short end of the stick here. Maybe winter will bring better returns.

The real question to all of the OC'ing being done on the xp1700, is: What expectations do you have with this CPU (xp1700)?
What OC goals are you shooting for with your equipment? Do you really want to overvolt you cpu to get top speed? Will you settle for stable system specs with v1.85?

I really hate seeing those who have made a xp1700/1800/2100 Tbred purchase to only find out that they only have 1/3 of the necesary equiptment to get to a certain speed. I say "hate" cause I really seen the postings here and elsewhere, where OC'er finds out that his ddr ram isn't up to specs, Pwr Supply isn't reliable providing steady pwr. HEATSINK/FAN combo, not providing enough cooling. KT266a/333 mobos not able to run at 200FSB ! Better yet, why my HD keeps crashing after raising the FSB past 185-190MHz range.

Not that all this is discouraging, however, those that come here with computer components that don't even hold up well in an OC environment tend to get fustrated when those newbies try to get past the infamous 2.4-2.5GHz with this cpu.

tbred xp1700 (JIUHB) is one of the greatest cpu's made by AMD, and with the proper equipment, can get you to a level of OC that you, the OC'er, can be proud of. Getting more horsepower from the cpu at 1/3 the cost is remarkable. Getting to accept what you system rig is capable of and reaching an acceptable OC remains to be seen by those here on OC forums.

I'm just stating this subject to those that use aircooled systems.
Those that use extreme cooling, tend to know what issues they are up against, therefore have invested time and money getting theirs up and running stable.

just my 2cents

alright everyone I want some help with my setup.

I have two AMD processors that I am trying to overclock. One is a 2500+ on the A7N8X Deluxe and the other is a 1700+ on the NF7 (not the S version as it is only for crunching).

Right now I think my memory is my limiting factor as I am unable to get either board over 180 bus. About four months ago, I decided to trade speed for size and got a 1G HyperX pc2700 matched DDR set. It works great, but as I said, I can't get either of these to go over 180.

Is it possible that this is a CPU or mobo limitation and not just the memory? Right now I am thinking about trading it in, but I can't until the prices come down some more. I only spent $150 for the memory about 4 months ago and the same thing is $204 right now!

When will memory prices come back down so I can fix my weakest link?!?!

you can try making a wish, and prices might come down, however, your luck may stand with waiting for overall drop in consumer demand, and overproduction on those mem mods...
As for your kingstons, have you tried messing around with the latency settings on the mobo you're trying to get up to speed? May want to up your mem settings (which I don't know where you have it at,) and see how stable it is and the next bump. check the mem forums for kingston FAQ, i think you can post Q's, on which timings would work for your sticks at higher speeds.

There are so many variables and unknowns that can determine the outcome of an overclocking systems (FSB, CPU speed, video card GPU/memory, memory bandwidth, ...). These variables are Vcore, HSF/water cooling setup and die temperature, system temperature, PSU temperature, 5V and 12V stability and current capacity, chipset voltage and cooling, various bios setting, memory voltage, timing and overclockability, case cooling, voltage regulator stability, video card GPU/RAM cooling, ... (the list goes on).

In order to eliminate these uncertainties or unknows as much as possible, PSU, HSF, memory modules, case and chipset cooling (among others) are the main things to watch. E.g. to aim for high level of overclocking of CPU, FSB, one would use
- a high quality copper HSF such as SLK800 with ajustable high CFM fan for air cooling,
- PC 3200/3500 CAS 2 memory for 200+ MHz FSB,
- a PSU with at least 20-24 A on 12 V line (for motherboard that uses 12V for Vcore),
- good case cooling for chipset and regulator, SB cooling,
- appropriate bios settings
These are some of the necessary conditions have to be met in order to guarantee a better chance of success. Without them, it would be fine too, but just may have to settle for 10% less optimal overclocking for better price-performance.

Summary for overclocking CPU and FSB

PC2700 memory, rated at 166 MHz, would be hardly able for overclocking system with 200+ MHz FSB. Some Samsung 2700 memory modules were good overclocker and able to do 200 MHz at relaxed timing.

Regarding to memory price, similar to other commodity price, stock price, it would be hard to predict with certainty in the short run (otherwise whoever able to predict the price would be able to make lots of money).

PC2700 memory, rated at 166 MHz, would be hardly able for overclocking system with 200+ MHz FSB. Some Samsung 2700 memory modules were good overclocker and able to do 200 MHz at relaxed timing.

Just wanted to comment on how pleasantly surprised I was when my Samsung 2700 hit 210 without voltage mods. It's not 12 hours of Prime95 stable(yet), but it'll run there. Right now I'm running at 200fsb as I'm concentrating my efforts on the CPU.

I didn't read everything so far, but what do you think bout that:

Would it be possible to reach 250Mhz Fsb sync on a Epox 8Rda3 with improved NB and SB cooling, Jiuhb 1700+ DLT3C XPMW and PC500 Ram? And if not, what would be the max FSB you can get with such a setup?

Fr3ak said:
I didn't read everything so far, but what do you think bout that:

Would it be possible to reach 250Mhz Fsb sync on a Epox 8Rda3 with improved NB and SB cooling, Jiuhb 1700+ DLT3C XPMW and PC500 Ram? And if not, what would be the max FSB you can get with such a setup?

Most people are only hitting 220 or so fsb with the Nforce2 NB. 235 will probably be the limit with anything (like a pelt.) This is all just a guess though so maybe I will be surprised ;)

I have one of the dlt3c's on the way from excal right now. I hope it's the xpmw. I'm pairing it with the 8RDA+ Rev.2.0 I got a week or so ago. Also on the way is an slk-800A and a smartfan 2. I'm still debating on ram though, kinda leaning towards Buffalo 3200 winbond chips & ch5. Fingers crossed for that XPMW!

good luck to you bro...
just remember that the 3200 is set for 200mhz fsb, which then you might start asking around in the memory forums about which timings to use when passing 210-230mhz for your buffalo mem mods. again, good luck.

no, your pc3200 is what you do want... just remember, that it's specified for 200MHz FSB... when going over 200mhz, you'll start realizing that memory timings plays an important part in stablelizing your rig. that's all. now, pc3700 or pc4000 is da bomb, if only mem timings were as good as low latency corsairs are. You should do good on the 200fsb. just be aware of timings when you start going up.

Back