• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered a Swiftech kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reyn

H20-120 Rev 3 kit + MCW50 water block

davidandkarma_1826_640041.jpg.gif
davidandkarma_1825_46243.jpg.gif

what do you guys think?

I did some calculation, with this kit i can OC my CPU AMD64 3000+ to 3500+ speed and my X800Pro to X800XT PE speed.

this kit is $390 AUD, AMD64 3500 and X800XT PE only cost $370 more. Next time I might as well just purchase better hardware @ the 1st place rather than settle for 2nd best and pay big $$ for a better W/C setup.

what's the black thing on the right side of the cpu waterblock?? it looks like it has a plastic top with 2 barbs on it.. is that for gpu??

Philup_Bowls said:
what's the black thing on the right side of the cpu waterblock?? it looks like it has a plastic top with 2 barbs on it.. is that for gpu??

I think its the pump :eh?:

Very powerful pump and very solid build quality (it's a Laing). Amazing they can make a pump so small and so quiet, yet is more powerful than a Danner Mag 3 (I'll be replacing my Mag 3 soon).

You might consider buying a second 120mm radiator and fan. It'll improve your cooling capacity significantly. A good idea is to put one on your intake and one on your exhaust, provided they'll fit. It's really worthwhile. Otherwise it's a very good kit.

As for what to buy, you need to consider performance vs noise. Watercooling is significantly quieter than aircooling. On the other hand, that does seem pretty expensive. Have you tried pricing kits from Australian manufacturers? I was pretty sure Silverprop was Australia based and they make pretty solid stuff, especially their GPU blocks.

Bah the rev 3's have that ugly res. Should have looked for a rev 2 and got the F&B (fill and bleed) assembly.

wow, that's a pump?? i been out of the wc loop for a few months now... just started reading up again because of a new wb i will be purchasing soon!! :)

Great choice! Look at my signature for my setup! I got this kit and it rules...very stable temperatures and very quiet. The pump is awesome...even the stock fan that they provide is doing a great job. The waterblock might not be the best, but it's somewhere on the top. I'm pushing 600+ Mhz overclock and I'm idling at 38C on a 1.6 vcore! Now that is some good shtuff.

Reyn said:
H20-120 Rev 3 kit + MCW50 water block

what do you guys think?
QUOTE]

Well, I also bought a Swiftech kit, but I went for this but when it came, it came with the MCW-6002P block, and I also ordered the MCW50-03 VGA block I put it all in a dvd box here connected it all up put a few switches and a fan speed controller and ended up with this let me know what you all think :) getting good temps as well, at 26c ambient MBM5 is showing CPU 24c and CASE 25c, so i'm happy. By the way I know the rad's on upside down, but I just turned the box over while bleeding. p.s. the temp is with the fan on min speed.

rdm

Attachments

• DSCF0176.JPG
    DSCF0176.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 561
Last edited:
Back