• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Gimp "Hamster"...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Definitely not bad compared to previous temps. :)

I think I will be adding two 2.120 (inside) or 3.120 (outside) radiators into the loop, just working it out in my head, the Danger Den External 3 x 360 Radiator and Pump Case seems like it will go nicely with my setup..

Lets not forget, this is a quiet rig, the fans are no higher than 1500RPM's, this system is so quiet, I can barely hear the fans even at night when it's dead silent in my home.. The loudest part now seems to be the power supply when under load...

temp_1.jpg

Aug 4 2011
Crysis Warhead Action
FSAA 2x 5760x1080 All Settings Enthusiast

temp_2.jpg

Last edited:
Ran into a problem with my Apogee XT gunking up after just less than a month of use, it's either the plastisizer in the tubing or the coolant itself... The micro channels on the block is just too fine and it literally stopped my flow, the air bubble on the tube at the highest point of the case did not budge even with both pumps cranked to max (5).. 2x MCP655 in a CPU + 3x GPU block should not have this problem..

EDIT: Here's a pic of my Apogee XT "Rev 3 High Flow" Block.. haha

Apogee_XT.jpg

and to add another treat, got my Parallel fittings finally worked out with Bitspower, installed and running some test... :D

SLIx3_Parallel.jpg

No aluminium parts inside, made sure of that since I read many horror stories with Aluminium and Copper mixed..

Yes it pretty much looks like that on the link, just much clearer.. it's either the platisizer or the coolant itself, I am planning on getting a Koolance 370 or EK HF to replace my previous XT, might drain and flush again and keep a eye.. if it's the plastisizer, it will be flushed by then...

Funny thing is.. I cant say 100% sure, tho I have used Zalman's coolant for years, I have never seen this gunk before in their pre-made setups...

I just might experiment some more, or just go with pure distilled next time around and wrap some blue coils around my tubings for looks, "overkill" I bought 12 metres of Tygon tubings... :screwy:

Ahh, that may be why. Some additives really seperate in the high flow inpingment areas.

Did it look like this?
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?258898-What-lies-beneath!!&p=4544766#post4544766

You running any aluminum in your setup?

And 3603 for the first few months releases a lot of plasticizer.

Would of liked to seen pics of the goop in the block.

I have never experianced that problem with a block clogging.

The modern inpingment blocks can cause that. The super high velocities and pressure changes in the block cause that to happen. Seperation.

Hope the 'V3' block even functions now, you cut out the area where the heat transfer is the most important.

The Koolance or HF is the same way. Seen it happen there too with odd coolants. But not with distilled and a biocide.

Gonna run distilled and a kill coil now?

The modern inpingment blocks can cause that. The super high velocities and pressure changes in the block cause that to happen. Seperation.

Hope the 'V3' block even functions now, you cut out the area where the heat transfer is the most important.

The Koolance or HF is the same way. Seen it happen there too with odd coolants. But not with distilled and a biocide.

Gonna run distilled and a kill coil now?

My temps are the same as when I used my H70 :)

The Chaos Continues !!!

The Innards...
work_log_8_1.jpg

5.25 Bay side cover with some thermometers for added effect, they are from top to bottom (case, GPU loop res, H70 res)..
work_log_8_2.jpg

Blue SLI bridge cover with LED's on..
work_log_8_3.jpg

Outside Angle 1
work_log_8_4.jpg

Outside Angle 2
work_log_8_5.jpg

The rear res piggy backed..
work_log_8_7.jpg

The temperatures in it's current state, stress tested using 2 prime95 threads CPUs, running Heaven, simulating a high CPU and 3x GPU usage scenario..
09012011_temp.jpg

Last edited:
Got some stuff in today, some are not really watercool related, but pics are always fun.. :)

OCZ Vertex 3 240GB, upgrade from my Sandforce 2 SATA2 based ADATA 100GB :)
work_log_8_8.jpg

More Gelid Wings !!!
work_log_8_9.jpg

Package close up...
work_log_8_10.jpg

Fan close up...
work_log_8_11.jpg

My new IP Cam, to watch my cat when I am in the office... lol
work_log_8_12.jpg

This is going to be a extension of my existing Gigabit switch, this switch has POE and it will power my IP Cam..
work_log_8_13.jpg

Just a small update, posted on first post, ordered stuff from Caselabs, Aqua Computer and Bitspower...

Hoorah !!!

woooo hoooo more stuff !!!

Trying out some pre-made sleevings.. They don't look too bad.. Still waiting for the 8PIN and 6PIN version to arrive.
sleeve_power2.jpg

sleeve_power1.jpg

This was going to originally be used inside the HAF X, but since I am now switching to Caselabs, not sure what I am going to do with these..
scythe_slim_fan.jpg

Got a nice mouse/keyboard mat, this will go nice with my double desk (which is being made as I speak)..
razor_long_mat.jpg

Koolance 370, it's a beautiful block and nicely packaged.
koolance_370.jpg

EK Dual Top Black Acetal !! Very Pretty..
ek_dual_top.jpg

and the 2x D5 Vario that will go with them..
ek_mcp655.jpg

more Bitspower barbs, got these on sale so couldn't resist, they are silver straight barb, 90 silver shining rotary, 90 matt black, 90 matt black rotary and.. I forgot what else.. Included is a Seasonic 560W 80+ Gold which will power all 4 of my D5 pumps and Aquaero XT + (6) PA2 and whatever LEDs I am throwing in there. The last bit in there are the 40mm Sunon Fans which will go on the back of the Caselab case, I also bought some 20-30mm Sunon fans incase I might need something to attach to my mainboard ICH, NF200 or the Mosfets..
bitspower_more.jpg

and last but not least, It's the Case Labs box, as much as it's killing me not to open them right now " :( " , but I am waiting for my desk to arrive which will give me some room to work, if I open it now, I will just scatter everything across the floor.. Look at the size of that thing, compared to the Coke Light can on the bottom... and this is only the M10..
case_lab_box.jpg

Its UNBOXING Time !!

still waiting for Aquacomputer delivery of my XT + PA (6), 580 Blocks (3). At the moment, this project is on hold until AC delivers my goods, I don't want to have to re-do my loop... but.... I might do if time allows, will have to see.. I technically already have everything to still do watercooling, just need to flush the Thermochill rads.. They got a bit nasty during shipping by sea..

thermochill_2.jpg

case_lab_logo.jpg

The Big Box # 1
cs_box_1.jpg

See the packing...
cs_box_2.jpg

If only this was leak proof, It'll make a excellent Beer Cooler on those weekend BBQ's...
cs_box_3.jpg

Pedestal Box...
cs_box_4.jpg

Pedestal Unpacking..
cs_box_5.jpg

Even the accessories are individually bagged in thick plastic and wrapped in bubble wrap for shipping, not a single scratch anywhere... The guys at CL thought of everything...
cs_acc_2.jpg

The other accessories pack..
cs_acc_3.jpg

I was contemplating on ordering a whole new desk entirely, but then I thought about just ordering the same exact one and put it side by side for 1/5 of the cost, It don't look to bad I think..
new_desk.jpg

My lonely Haf X
hafx_lone.jpg

It just gets bigger..
cs_haf_1.jpg

and Bigger...
cs_haf_2.jpg

This is how it will look like on my new desk..
case_lab_2.jpg

lol @ my home server next to it.. so tiny..
case_lab_1.jpg

That's all for now, signing off.. "The Hamster".. The constant run towards evolution !!

Damn, this build is coming along great! Nice work, my friend. :thup:

Thank You.. :)

Update.. I learned something new today..

Turn on all lights (day time is better), turn off flash on camera, set ISO100 and (A) aperture mode 4.8 , use a tripod, Picture resulting are amazing... Yes I never took photography class during high school, it's the bottom 5 pictures, the rest was done without tripod and flash on... Pretty basic I guess, any more and you'll have to ask the pro's ;) ... anyways update time..

While disconnecting my loop, I ran into this problem with my Koolance Quick disconnects, time to ask them for a RMA and order some spares while I am at it..
koolance_def_2.jpg

koolance_def_1.jpg

I took everything out of my case, it was A LOT of work, carefully makeing sure I dont splash water on my gear, damage anything, etc.. It took a better part of my day, a good 4.5 hours or so.. now my house is a gigantic MESS !!!
rep_6.jpg

rep_5.jpg

rep_4.jpg

rep_3.jpg

rep_2.jpg

rep_1.jpg

& the result? TAADAA !! A emty and lonely HAF X... :(
rep_7.jpg

I have to say, this RP452x2 has been good to me, but it's time to shelf it, the draining and bleeding is "oh my god" annoying.. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful piece of work, if you have a single tower case, need to save space and don't mind the fuss of bleeding and draining (a good 1-2 hours should do it once you know the trick, Martin's site was a great help for me in this matter), by all means, this is a well performing res+pump combo. But being I have a M10 now with room to fit a "truck" inside, I am going back to tops and bongs..
rep_high_1.jpg

Bitspower 580 Blocks with Barbs and "T" connectors, can connect serial or parallel using D Plugs..
rep_high_5.jpg

It's just a beauty... !! :D
rep_high_4.jpg

(Bitspower Dual D5 Top Acrylic Version with BP-D5MA-MBK Mod Kit plus Swiftech MCP655) for this price I was expecting Acetal :x .. or is Acrylic better and more expensive? I always thought Acetal was more flexible and less prone to cracking.. I could not get a better shot as I have it up and running at the moment to clean/flush out the previous coolant I was running.. For the record: I'd like to say Zalman G200 Coolant does leave blue everywhere even after just a month or so of use (a lot of blue), I have not seen any evidence of it gunking up my components though, but I have not put the latter to extensive testing..
rep_high_3.jpg

(EK Dual D5 Mod Top) comparison wise, they are both just as effective.. I guess it boils down to how you want your top to look, most probably wont care as it's hidden away in a bay with a front cover..
rep_high_2.jpg

That's all for now.. "meep meep".....

These pics need no introduction, I'll let the picture speak for themselves. :)

HD Cage *3
case_lab_1-1.jpg

Power Supply Support *2
case_lab_2-1.jpg

MB Tray Side.
case_lab_3.jpg

Flex Fan bay and 240 Flex Radiator Holder..
case_lab_4.jpg

+1 for CL, these rubber grooves helps the MB tray slide in and out without that screeching noise..
case_lab_5.jpg

+1 for CL.. Those are place holders for when you mount your 5.25 bay devices..
case_lab_6.jpg

+1 again.. As previously mentioned, the accessories are all individually wrapped in heavy plastic, they did not order those cheap thin plastic bags just to save $0.10..
case_lab_7.jpg

240 Flex Rad holder, Flex Fan bay, HD Cage, Power Supply support..
case_lab_10.jpg

The MB tray with all the place holders screwed on..
case_lab_9.jpg

Remove those you don't need, if you don't, you'll be wondering why your rig wont boot past the bios screen..
case_lab_8.jpg

I needed my system up and running real quick, so this was a quick work..
case_lab_11.jpg

and last but not least, a little added extra "bling" for those 2 power supplies.. oh it's hawt !!!
case_lab_12.jpg

I'm sorry but I might've missed it somewhere. How much did you spend on this??
Btw beautiful work.

Back