• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K8N Neo2 suffers some SERIOUS VDIMM issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mine runs stable at 283x8.5 using Winnie 3000+ and G.Skill1GBLA 283MHz 2.5-3-3-7...this memory is funny...only needs 2.6V to run like stable like that...
prime for 5Hrs and it was okay

Silvestre said:
mine runs stable at 283x8.5 using Winnie 3000+ and G.Skill1GBLA 283MHz 2.5-3-3-7...this memory is funny...only needs 2.6V to run like stable like that...
prime for 5Hrs and it was okay

Wow you're on a half multi? Isn't that going to offset your RAM speed?

g0dM@n said:
Wow you're on a half multi? Isn't that going to offset your RAM speed?

Yes it is...since the A64's do not support .5's...the memory is fooled into running divided so the BIOS can support the non codded A64 .5 multipliers...

Also...LA's are DDR600 rated...so 283fsb at 2.6v is about right since default voltage at 300HTT is 2.7v...

So how is he at 283fsb if he's on the 8.5 multi? How do you figure out the multi it gives you with the half again (round down?), and what mem frequency?

since the A64's are not hardcoded to use the .5's...the BIOS programmers have to trick the BIOS into running the .5's...they have to have the memory run at a divider to trick the A64 into running at a .5 BIOS setttings...this is why the BIOS and software will read the .5...but the .5 truely does not exsist on A64's...

If they would run a memory bandwidth test at 9x and 9.5x at 283...they will see that 9x 283 is faster then 9.5x...

Depends on what the programmers set it at...mine runs the .5 at the 166 divider...have seen some running high .5's and the bandwidth would be that of 133...so this might depend on what .5 it is set at...

9.5x283=2688/10

Memory speed will be 268Mhz w/ Auto or 200Mhz memory lock applied. Memory bandwidth would likely be very close to 283x9 simply due to the higher CPU speed, despite the reduction in memory speed of 15Mhz.

Awesome... Thanks for the info.

The thing is that I can do 278x9 rock stable at DEFAULT voltages. My CPU has an XP90 and 92mm Stealth over it, which is useless since I'm at stock voltage still (kinda amazing if you think about it --702mhz overclock with default voltage). Maybe I can try 300x8.5 = 2.55ghz, then RAM would be 2550/9 = 283mhz, right?

Maybe I can try that out or something... the highest this mobo is letting me go is 1.45v + 10% = 1.61v. I tried that on 300x9 and I don't know why it's not stabilizing. I did a burn in at the lowest semi-stable boot (1.40+8.3%) at 300x9 and did a burn-in overnight. I figured that would help me push 300x9 with a high vcore, but no go =(

Your CPU's limit is likely between 2550 & 2700Mhz. Did you try a memory lock when you ran 300*9?

g0dM@n said:
Awesome... Thanks for the info.

The thing is that I can do 278x9 rock stable at DEFAULT voltages. My CPU has an XP90 and 92mm Stealth over it, which is useless since I'm at stock voltage still (kinda amazing if you think about it --702mhz overclock with default voltage). Maybe I can try 300x8.5 = 2.55ghz, then RAM would be 2550/9 = 283mhz, right?

Maybe I can try that out or something... the highest this mobo is letting me go is 1.45v + 10% = 1.61v. I tried that on 300x9 and I don't know why it's not stabilizing. I did a burn in at the lowest semi-stable boot (1.40+8.3%) at 300x9 and did a burn-in overnight. I figured that would help me push 300x9 with a high vcore, but no go =(
The 1.36b bios has a +18% setting. Personally though If you can get that far on stock why bother with the voltage?

Well, I have an XP90 on it, and I'm not even really putting it to use. I would have stuck with the stock HSF if I was going to leave it at my current clocks.

Timonex, what do you mean mem lock? I have it on the 166 divider which kicks the ram down to 250mhz. I mean... I can boot into windows and do a burn-in at 300x9 with only 8.3% overvolt. I figured that since I could boot into windows and still burn-in at 1.51v that I should probably be able to stabilize at 1.6v... well, maybe not?

hey guys, just posting to say thanks for sharing your experiences cuz now that im here pushin past my easy as pie original OC of 2.4ghz on the stock voltage im running into tons of probs with stuff to deal with the memory, need of a DDR booster, and lack of voltage to my chip since i now have to move it past 1.37v... just to keep it stable past 240FSB, and yea, it boots up to 2.7ghz easy....

so im lookin in this thread and others yall have linked so thanks again.

Back