• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lamptron FC5 V2 Running at full speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InhumanSkills

Hey guys I have a quick question. I have a six month old FC5 V2 controller that had been working fine and then since yesterday all the fans run at full speed and I no longer have control over the fans, the display just shows all 0's or nothing at all.

Do you guys think it's broken or could it just be something I can fix myself?

I have 6 Med Speed loons and the 4 normal fans that came with my Switch 810 running on three of the channels so I don't think I went over the max 30W per channel.

Really bummed about this since my PC now sounds like it's wanting to take off. :cry:

Thanks
Phil

Is it all of the channels?

Yes all of the channels run at full speed.

I contacted Lamptron and they told me I probably shorted out my controller.

If I connect only 1 fan to the first channel the problem goes away and I can control the fans fine. Although the voltage sometimes creeps past 12V. Two fans also still works. At 3 fans the controller stops showing a Voltage and runs at full speed.

Picture_2.jpg
This one there are two fans attached to channel 1, and one fan to channel 2. No idea why it's even showing a voltage for channel 2 since the knob is turned to off...

Picture_3.jpg
Here channel 1 is attached to a single different fan I just had laying around. The knob isn't even at 100% but it's saying the fan is pulling 12V and is running at max RPM.

Anyone know what component I might have shorted out? Maybe I can fix it myself because I don't think Lamptron will give me an RMA.

The initial customer support from them was great but now I haven't heard from the rep in a couple of days and I'm worried they just forgot about me =(

Last edited:
Back