• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leadtek 6600 GT Heatsink Mod!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
consumer9000 said:
Please order some OCZ skived fin copper BGA ramsinks pronto! Those staples, as amusing as they are look sad!!! The OCZ ramsinks will match your GPU coolers perfectly, and will definitely outperform the staples. lol
Very nice setup otherwise. I almost dropped my beer when I saw such a nice setup, with STAPLES as ramsinks! :bang head

Actually, unless he tests them out throughly, there is no way to conclude that the OCZ sinks would outperform the staples :)
I like the large surface area on th staples!

Westline, for someone on a budget (like me), thats an excellent mod.

Super Nade said:
Actually, unless he tests them out throughly, there is no way to conclude that the OCZ sinks would outperform the staples :)
I like the large surface area on th staples!

Westline, for someone on a budget (like me), thats an excellent mod.

Thanks. Staples seem to being doing fine. I need to try to push the memory speed more. I bought some Thermaltake Copper RAM Sinks that I might try. The heatsinks them selves only costs $7.99 each, but shipping and tax are killers.

Dude, this is an AWESOME mod! I'm really jealous! I bought a silencer for one of my cards to see if I like it. I still have to decide on the 2nd card tho. I don't want two silencers...

I like the idea of a CPU cooler on a vid card. Good job. BEWARE ONE THING! Those NV6 GPU cores are fragile like eggs! Some sort of spacer /rubber nub things would be a very good idea.

Can you link to the heatinks you used? I feel like this won't fit on the DFI boards.

Sorry it is the Dynatron Model C62 heatsink. CCUABIDExORxDIE and g0dM@n have the link to the heatsinks I used.

So the BH-610 and the D62 are EXACTLY alike... uh... lol

I WISH I NEVER BOUGHT THE SILENCER! I HATE ARCTIC COOLING SILENCERS!

Did you drill the new holes in the video card? I am getting a AGP version and am wondering if I could do something similiar.

yog, you might be outta luck, and NO dont drill holes in the video card. the only thing that might impace you is the HSI bridge, so expensive modding might be needed. theres a hfs similar to what westline did in the classifieds, i might pick it up just for fun.

Westline said:
Yea, they are copper staples for a staple gun. I think I need to make some RAM Sinks. I guess thats what is gonna be next :) Cheaper then those NV silencers. I was gonna get two but $50!?!?!?! thats kinda of alot of money for some crap silencers that don't do much for your temperatures.
I stupidly bought one. I hate Silencers SO MUCH!

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
yog, you might be outta luck, and NO dont drill holes in the video card. the only thing that might impace you is the HSI bridge, so expensive modding might be needed. theres a hfs similar to what westline did in the classifieds, i might pick it up just for fun.

ccuabide-

Are you referring to the Gladiator heatsink? I was looking at that too, however I was reading up on it and it sounds like it is really loud. A very good price though.

Would the bottom on that be big enough to cover both the GPU and the bridge? If so I might try it and get a new fan.

im guessing it wont cover both, but you could try. its 9 bucks shipped, if it wont fit, its not like youve lost 40 bucks. some guy is selling ys tech 60mm fans for 2 bucks shipped in the classies too.

Maybe you could try bending every other stable in and the opposite stables out, that'd give more surface area? :eh?:

Chowdy said:
Maybe you could try bending every other stable in and the opposite stables out, that'd give more surface area? :eh?:

Mmmmm... I like that idea. I think if I get time after SAT's this weekend, I am gonna do that for sure and see if I can beef up my memory clock.

I assume you mean one set of staples in kind of a V and the other staples being used regular on top.

Back