• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lmao help -_-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eagerly

Registered
I was casually browsing 5 tabs on chrome nothing heavy, then I heard my mum tap some light switches in the next room (im on the living room). Follows by my pc getting BSOD. Then I just let it start by itself, and so my monitor did not light up (No Signal message) and keyboard was off. My pc was lighting as usual with its fan and mouse (and quatro V speakers too). I tried power chord off and power on button 1 minute, it doesnt work. I tried using 1 ram stick at a time, doesnt work. Maybe my gpu messed up? My blue-head cable has a screw stuck so I havent tried plugging to integrated graphics so...help me out here alright? Thanks :(

Only way to test the video output is to remove the plug from the video card and use onboard. Or test by removing the 1st video card (the one with the issue) and test it in another machine and vice-versa. No other way around it.

I have changed the blue-head cable (hdmi? I forgot) to motherboard/integrated graphics and it still runs the same. Pc,mouse,speakers,fans light up while monitor,keyboard Doesn't light up . Any other info I can give to identify the problem? (I dont have extra pc to test things out so yeah)

Yeah it was a vga, sorry I forgot to learn about cables. Anyway, I'm not sure the board died or its me who dont get your point, but if I press power button long enough it gives me a 1 second beep loop, and the STDBY led on the board lights up.

As for the ports yes i did swap between 4 ports (i dont use the front one that seems like an external usb port) , mouse and speakers did light up, but not the keyboard.

My curious self also did tried plugging keyboard to a phone charger adapter and the keyboard did not light up as well. I'm in confusion :'/

To me, this sounds like a power supply failure. That said, it doesn't mean that something else hasn't gone out too.

If you can borrow a power supply from another machine that would help you out greatly. Or, try your power supply in another machine but I would really shy away from putting your power supply in another machine until you know its good.

It could also be a dead monitor and a dead keyboard. It's hard to tell about other components until you get video. I would start the trouble shooting by connecting the monitor to another working computer. I would also take your mouse and keyboard and do the same. If you don't have access to another computer you could take those components I mentioned to a PC shop and ask them to plug them in on one of their computers. They would probably do it for free.

It could be that the timing of your PC failure with mum flipping light switches is a coincidence. If not, you either have wiring problems or the circuit the PC is plugged into is seriously overloaded. You guys need to get an electrician in to look at that because if there is a problem it will happen again.

If the display works on another computer then it would point to either PSU or motherboard failure in my estimation.

Is this a custom built computer or a mass produced unit like HP, Dell or Lenovo? Please give us more information about your hardware if you can. Make, model and wattage of PSU? Make and model of motherboard? Make and model of video card? CPU? Memory?

By the way, when you moved the VGA connector to the onboard video did you first remove the video card? If there is a video card installed the onboard video is usually automatically disabled and would not produce a signal.

Last edited:
Yeah it was a vga, sorry I forgot to learn about cables. Anyway, I'm not sure the board died or its me who dont get your point, but if I press power button long enough it gives me a 1 second beep loop, and the STDBY led on the board lights up.

As for the ports yes i did swap between 4 ports (i dont use the front one that seems like an external usb port) , mouse and speakers did light up, but not the keyboard.

My curious self also did tried plugging keyboard to a phone charger adapter and the keyboard did not light up as well. I'm in confusion :'/
What does your mobo manual say the STDBY LED is for? That could help narrow things down...

External, internal, doens't matter you would actually WANT to intentionally be on a different controller if possible... try the front

I have never tried plugging a keyboard into a phone charger... not sure if that will light it up or not... I would guess it would, but wouldn't bet on it.

Have you tried reading the voltage off the PSU with a multimeter to see if its outputting properly on the 12V rail?

My reply is deleted somehow, I'll retype. So thr monitor led does light up but the disay didnt, maybe some of you misunderstood sorry. But the keyboard is for sure dead with no lights.

Last time i forgot to remove the gpu, now i did and it still doesnt work. Plus, my monitlr have a white head cable if that affects anything, idk.

My complete specs are:
Mobo : intel dh61ww
Psu : avf 450/ ps450-f12v
Cpu : pentium g620 2.6ghz 2/2
Gpu : geforce 210 1gb ddr3 (no fan)
Ram : 2 x kingson 4gb ddr3 1333mhz
Hdd : 500gb WD blue caviar

I do overclock gpu, or maybe I'll call it upclock since i didnt raise voltage.

I'm trying to narrow down the possible problem so it would be easy for me/dont need to bring my whole pc for repair.

I'm really missing out on warframe right now, so i hope you guys would keep helping me out until this is solved. :(

- - - Updated - - -

*the monitor *display *my monitor . Bad typo, a lot going on my mind sorry :(

Eagerly, do you have a volt meter or a multi meter? You can test the PSU if you have one.

try resetting the cmos first, at least it's free to try, might have corrupted the bios.

Im afraid I dont have any voltmeter available, alternatives?

Not really. If you don't have spare components you'll need to take it in, sadly.

This is the sad truth of it all. If you can not swap parts to another machine, you'll have to take it to someone who can.
The white connector for your monitor is DVI. If your monitor has a port for the blue cable (VGA), you could then plug the monitor into a laptop to test it.

Caddi daddi, the cmos thingy can you explain further?

- - - Updated - - -

Don256us, I have a friend with lower spec maybe I can go test my monitor on his pc? Or should I just bring my tower to the shop for inspection ? @_@

Just an FYI, eagerly... you are deleting your own posts in the thread. If you want to change your post, you can EDIT it instead of deleting. ;)

Reset the BIOS. Check your manual for how. Typically its a button on the board. ;)

EarthDog, I tried editing but the browser tab stopped loading and showed me a message sort of like "invalid link, please contact moderator" and the reply is deleted. Kinda hard using phone here.

I'll try resetting the bios and update my progress later morning, thanks.

As "a" goal, you want to rule out your peripherals as a problem. Take you monitor, keyboard and mouse to your friends house and try them out. It would be a safe bet to say that they are fine but after testing, you will know for sure without doubt.

When pulling and testing a power supply, I would not put your power supply into another machine. If your power supply is bad, and if it took out your mobo/cpu/hard drive/etc. if could do the same to your friends machine. That would hurt the friendship for sure. The best strategy for testing the power supply would be to use a multi-meter (which you don't have) or buy a power supply tester for about $20 or take it to a shop. As a final option, you could try a known good power supply in your system.

Only once you know you have those items working can you begin to see if there are other problems. like the hard drives, Mobo or CPU.

Back