• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M5A97 R2.0 / FX6300 / Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1866 2X4GB / Hyper 212 EVO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Id keep an eye out on temps around the VRM area. You may need a fan on the back of the socket, as well as the VRM area when pushing the Hex. They aren't exactly easy on motherboards, particularly $80 ones. ;)

I ran an 8350 on that boards 990fx cousin and it was a bit of a challenge. I then put a 6350 into it and it was much happier. I still didn't get a whopping stable OC out of it but it was much more manageable than the 8 core. But as E_D has said I also added extra cooling to the VRM and back of the motherboard like this

Capturefan.PNG
vrm fans.jpg

Id keep an eye out on temps around the VRM area. You may need a fan on the back of the socket, as well as the VRM area when pushing the Hex. They aren't exactly easy on motherboards, particularly $80 ones. ;)

What are safe or normal temps? HWmonitor shows TMPIN0 low 45C and high 47C. Is TMPIN0 on HWMnitor for the VRM? What program should i use to check the VRM Temps?

You will most likely have to just touch it. Cheap boards like that tend not to have a sensor on the VRM. If it is hot to the touch while under load/stress testing, I would get fans on it.

Back