• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M5A99X Evo mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FatFue

Registered
I just got a asus M5A99x evo mobo and some how my core unlocker is so retardedly unstable. I can turn my pc on and load it to my desktop but then 5 mins later it crashes i was able to unlock and be stable on my old :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty 750 board but now im thinking i just wasted 160 bucks on a bored that cant even core unlock. Does anyone else have the problem and have a solution or does anyone know of a solution or will asus be coming out with a new uefi version to help support the core unlocker settings.

Hi, me too I have the m5a99x evo and gives me problems unlocking a sempron 140. The bios tells me I've unlocked, but when you start windows 7, does not reach the desktop freezes. If you have fixed the stability of core unlock

That unlocked core just may not be viable. Many but not all of those Semprons were stable when that locked core was unlocked. You do realize don't you that not all CPUs with locked cores are capable of stability when they are unlocked? It's not a given.

Having said that it sometimes helps to give them some extra CPU voltage.

1.428 should be plenty. The other thing to try would be to tweak the individual cores in the core unlocking section.

I have another problem now I hope u can help me but about a week ago my computer has ben peeping a lot not the peeping like u get when some hardware is faulty but its peeping like an alarm clock can u tell me why its doing and how i can fix it or turn it off and it constantly peeps times about every 30 mins to an hr.

Hi Nube on here.
I have the same Setup and same problems.
I built a machine for use as a server. With M5A99X Evo with a Six Core Phenom 1090T
With 8G of G-Skills Ram.

It trips over constantly, with error messages saying Overlocking has failed.
Hardly great for a computer that has to run reliably 24/7
I am disappointed in the performance, whilst it does a great job in Photoshop. If i try Prem Pro, It Blue screens!!

I do not need it to be overlocked or want it to be.
Is there any way you can completely Turn off the Over-clocking?
Many thanks
Kenich

on the board itself there is a epu and tpu control switchs check if u have it turned off. You can also just go into your bios and just turn it off there or set everything to its default.

I have the same motherboard as well. I notice the CPU runs really hot unless I disable the automatic overclock. I would rather do it by hand with my 1100T, but I don't see the multiplier listed, which I should have access to change.

Hi Thanks for the help.
I turned on the TPU & EPU as they were off, as I wanted them off.
BUT switching Both of them on! It has fixed all!! the problems. No blue screens. No Jitter.
Files open faster. For some odd reason, the motherboard was clocking up to 3800 ish.
Now its back to 3.2 and running sweet.
Yes I am confused, But its fixed it and its all working better than it ever has, Its only two weeks old..
Hope this may help anyone else having the same, its worth a try.
Kneich....

Back