• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M5A99X REV2 AM3+ FX8350 really hot gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mart199020004

hi,

I've recently build a new pc SPEC's are as followed

amd fx8350 4.0hz (standard cooler)
Coolermaster K350 Case
CM Elite 500W PSU
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz Memory Kit CL9 1.5V
Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 990X Socket AM3+ 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

The pc runs fine with normal pc activity 30 and 45 degrees c

whilst gaming the cores stay between 50c and 70c (amd overdrive and core temp) , but my issue is behind the motherboard and on the top of the case gets really hot, where you can feel the heat coming though the case

all setting are standard all set to default

all idea on what could be the issue?

many thanks martyn

My first guess would be airflow through the case. How many fans have you added or is it still stock?? The next is the CPU cooler, stock should be sufficient with good airflow at default settings. So back to the case, when the system is loaded up with the added heat from the graphics card ( some of them get very hot and exhaust into the case), the CPU is suffocating in hot air. I would put as many fans in that box as I could to get cool air in and the hot air out. Have you installed a rear exhaust fan?
The FX processor , even at stock draws a lot of power and produces a lot of heat, a quick test for air flow issues is just taking the side door off the case.

hi,

I've recently build a new pc SPEC's are as followed

amd fx8350 4.0hz (standard cooler)
Coolermaster K350 Case
CM Elite 500W PSU
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz Memory Kit CL9 1.5V
Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 990X Socket AM3+ 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

The pc runs fine with normal pc activity 30 and 45 degrees c

whilst gaming the cores stay between 50c and 70c (amd overdrive and core temp) , but my issue is behind the motherboard and on the top of the case gets really hot, where you can feel the heat coming though the case

all setting are standard all set to default

all idea on what could be the issue?

many thanks martyn

I have a FX8350 and my temps while running F@H don't go ovet 40c.

CPU: FX8350
CPU Cooler: V6GT
GPU: GTS 450
MB: GA-900FXA-UD5 Rev 3.0
Ram: Corsair 4x2GB 1600MHZ
Case: HAF932

8350temp.JPG

Both CPU & GPU are under max load.

mart199020004, get a better CPU cooler, 1 with real muscle cooling, 200W or better (air or water), that will bring the temp down and the case will feel cooler.
Also you may want to ether move the cables around to alow better air flow or get a new case that has high air flow, it looks like you have heat that is traped in the case

I don't have this issue. With my computer I run at 0c to 6c on idle max 30c with a noctua nh-d14. You can get the amd made one or the 2011 and get a kit for amd. My mother board is 29 to 33. with a fan running through the back another near the memory out the top. Plus I made this invention I call ground ignore which keeps electric charges and static off of my cpu heat sink and reduces heat that way also.

Back