• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mad fx-8150 or fx-8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevinwhite

Registered
witch can is the better cpu for oveclocking and getting the best performance out of it :comp: i ment to type the amd in the tittle

Last edited:
+1 and to add to the comment Caddi posted, a FX 8350 will outperform a 8150 clock for clock.

That sounds like an FX-8150 is not really close to an FX-8350. So no hand shoes and horse grenades here. Hehehe. A BD processor would have to be ton cheaper than a Vishera processor to make me even think about not getting the Vishera.
RGone...

i am trying to beat my friend he is running he fx8150 and i am trying to destroy him

i am trying to beat my friend he is running he fx8150 and i am trying to destroy him
In what? You should build your pc for what you need it for, it's not a pissing contest. Unless, you are going sub-ambient a CHV is overkill as well as 32g of ram. Have you done any research on watercooling, what is involved and how that kit performs? What about a power supply, are you going to get a 1k watt one just to say you have 1000w of power? There is a difference in building a good system and wasting money.

most performance is all i am going for. 32g of ram i will always use cause i already have sso what do you suggest

again performance in what? Gaming,benchmarks, rendering etc? As I said before unless you are using 32g of ram which in most cases is total overkill, it is just a waste of money! It's not going to make your machine any faster, if you only use 4g with 32g on board. You planning on making a ram-disk?

gaming and benchmarking and i already have the 32g of ram and no i am not doing a ram disk

Well you will certainly be pee-ing away a lot of performance with only DDR1333 ram. FX-8350 is a waste without at least DDR1866 ram.

Well it's your money, but for gaming 32g of ram is useless, as well as the ones you picked. You are much better off with 1866mhz ram with tighter timings then 1333. You will also be putting more strain on the IMC with 4 stick with can hinder your overclocking. I would get 8g of these. If you really want to build a system that "beats" your friends you need to take a step back and do some research on what you're buying. Not just pick out parts to say I have more and or better parts.

The Vishera series FX CPUs are substantially faster than there Zambezi counterparts, and they draw less power. Less power draw = less heat and therefore less of a strain on the cooling system. If your gaming a 6300 will be just as fast as an 83XX will be once overclocked. Benchmarks(some of them) appreciate the additional cores a bit more than gaming but newer benches are mostly GPU limited.

I wouldnt really recommend buying a CHV just for the hell of it. There are several motherboards that come in at a much more fair price which can OC Vishera FX chips just as far as a CHV will. The Asrock Fat1lity, Gigabyte UD 5/7, Asus Sabertooth just to name a few.

If thats a 4 stick kit of 32GB of ram I hope your not expecting it to run at high speeds, that much RAM across 4 slots is going to seriously strain the IMC. 2x 4GB or 2x 8Gb sticks allow for the best memory speeds.

That liquid cooling kit is decent, but not great. However, I expect it will keep your CPU pretty happy. The X20 720 is a nice pump but it lacks in pressure and flowrate. I used one of those in my wifes rig for almost two years and have had the raystorm for about 4-5 months now. I ran it on my old 8120 for a while and it did a good job even with the limited pump. However there are several better kits that you could get especially if you save some cash on a few of your other items.

I know that all my bulldozers and pile drivers and boards like 8 gigs of faster ram and dont perform at they're best with any more unless rendering video and seem to have issues gaming with more than 8 gigs.

you need to look at the rx kit, the rad is thicker, Im with ssjwizard on the pump and block, I have both.
the raystorms are very good and look good installed and lit.
the pump is a little weak but fits nice and looks good, i have read reports about the res leaking but i have never seen it.
I also agree on the chv, if money is not an issue, hop right in it's a great party but can be almost equalled for less money. ( go read Rgones "is it a contender" in amd mother boards he has answered that question quite well there with more on the way).

Last edited:
CPU AMD FX-8350
CASE 800D Full Tower Computer Case
SSD/ Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
HHD Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 7200RPM SATA NCQ 32MB Cache

RAM G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866

ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0

VisionTek Radeon 7970 3 GB DDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Cards

PLEASE DONT SHOUT.

For your PSU, we need to know if yuo are going with one or two cards... you say two here, and in your other thread, but you likely only need one.

sorry about caps but i am going to use VisionTek Radeon 7970 3 GB DDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card for now and later get another one idc what people say thats what i am going to do

sorry about caps but i am going to use VisionTek Radeon 7970 3 GB DDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card for now and later get another one idc what people say thats what i am going to do

its not about on what other people say man..
they are not being rude man... they just want to help you with the hardware you need that's why they are asking... just provide them the answers cause they know also what they are doing....

Back