• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mad fx-8150 or fx-8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You seem to be spending alot of money just to "destroy" your friend. It is your money and if that is your only goal, it is your right to spend it on that reason. My question to you is what is the gain in it? You have made no mention on the resolution you play at, games you play, and what type of monitor you have. That is a HUGE influence on what is best.

If you only intention is to have a better computer than him, you are starting off on the wrong foot with AMD. Spend the same on a nice Z77 board and an i7 at minimum, but i would advise atleast a I7 Extreme. Next skip those silly 7970s and go for SLI or Tri-SLI Titains.

The point I am trying to make is somebody is always going to have a faster rig. Flexing the Epeen is nice, but once its flexxed and your playing WOW at 500fps on a 60hz 1080p monitor whats the point? Looks the same as somebody getting 60fps but they spent much less.

Build for what YOU will use it for, and you will spend less for the same experence.

But to answer your question, 8350 is faster.

Heater nailed it. I own both a 3770k rig and a 8350 rig see my sig. I had a 8150 in the 8350 rig before I replaced it with a 8350. I had a 2500k in the 3770k rig before I replace it. Build a 3770k rig and use faster ram.

Anyone else think this was just a kid who was building a paper computer? I mean seriously... what mature adult with money does this kind of thing? I used to do that with friends all the time... configure the nastiest, most epic computer known to mankind and get a massive pricetag... then laugh about how awesome it would be to have.

sorry about caps but i am going to use VisionTek Radeon 7970 3 GB DDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card for now and later get another one idc what people say thats what i am going to do
Nothing wrong with going CF HD7970 at a later time, but as the others had said, a decent Z77 mobo and an i7 3770K (if HT is important to you) or an i5 3570K would outright destroy your friend FX8150. I don't get why you'd want an FX8350, don't get me wrong, I have the CPU myself in my second rig and it is one mean CPU, chews up all the games I have thrown at it with ease.:thup: It is just that, with a mild OC, an i5 3570K would be faster in games.

But hey, your money to do as you please......

You seem to be spending alot of money just to "destroy" your friend. It is your money and if that is your only goal, it is your right to spend it on that reason. My question to you is what is the gain in it? You have made no mention on the resolution you play at, games you play, and what type of monitor you have. That is a HUGE influence on what is best.

If you only intention is to have a better computer than him, you are starting off on the wrong foot with AMD. Spend the same on a nice Z77 board and an i7 at minimum, but i would advise atleast a I7 Extreme. Next skip those silly 7970s and go for SLI or Tri-SLI Titains.

The point I am trying to make is somebody is always going to have a faster rig. Flexing the Epeen is nice, but once its flexxed and your playing WOW at 500fps on a 60hz 1080p monitor whats the point? Looks the same as somebody getting 60fps but they spent much less.

Build for what YOU will use it for, and you will spend less for the same experence.

But to answer your question, 8350 is faster.

Did you just suggest getting an i7 Extreme and tell him he would spend less in the same comment? :rofl:

Back