• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maxcoin GPU mining

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This seems to be similar to mining btc. Memory doesn't matter much. You should be able to downclock memory for stability and power savings. Raise the core to increase hashrate, but keep it stable or it stops mining.

tis, its a sha coin, tbh its a scam by max, why all the ddoses on anything mining it, ypool took it entirely off :D

0.6 Max unconfirmed in 30 min. ~370 Mh, 6850+270x.

I only decided to mine Max because Mcxnow has it, and I love them :)

nice thread torin! btw crappy coin-develop .. no normal wallet, i mean thats just silly, not to mention the whole, oh this will be a cpu coin :D
really XPM is the only cpu coin left

Thanks! Just trying to help out the OCF community by helping them bypass the annoyances.

Well, if I really can use mcxnow's deposit address as a wallet, that will clear up any worries I had about not being able to trade out built up coins when I wasn't at work if the price fall through the floor.

Also, I think I'm going to switch over the rest of my GPUs when I get home until the profitabilty drops.

Don't be ashamed, go where the $$ is. :)
I am not going to hold and definitely won't buy any.

The 1ghz pool seems to be having slow stats and transaction due to the ddos going on, but the pool itself seem to be working, more or less. I switched addresses over to mcxnow and my previous address is still showing work coming in.

Over 11 MCX since I started.

Thanks! Just trying to help out the OCF community by helping them bypass the annoyances.

Well, if I really can use mcxnow's deposit address as a wallet, that will clear up any worries I had about not being able to trade out built up coins when I wasn't at work if the price fall through the floor.

Also, I think I'm going to switch over the rest of my GPUs when I get home until the profitabilty drops.

That's what I did... lol... mcxnow is my wallet.

and mcx is down .. hmm

edit: ok back up :D funny

and mcx is down .. hmm

edit: ok back up :D funny

Whenever they are slow, you get the down for maintenance page. You get to where you are going in a few minutes. At least that has been my experience.

Whenever they are slow, you get the down for maintenance page. You get to where you are going in a few minutes. At least that has been my experience.

very slow apparently, if I try to signup it goes to maintenance every time ..

Based on when I changed addresses, 1ghz is about 1 hour behind on stats and transactions.

Cgminer crashed for me, and now I can't get back into 1ghz.

Anybody got any other working pools?

Edit: got back in.

Edit: crashed again, but got back in again. I keep dropping the core speed each time. I hope to get it stable before I leave work in 5-6 hours. :(

Last edited:
i am trying to set this up to solo mine with cgminer. I keep getting pool 0 slowdown or url or credentials invalid. Anyone with insight?

maxcoin.conf and cgminer.bat are below:
Code:
# Seed nodes

addnode=213.179.202.19
addnode=91.121.8.25
addnode=213.192.56.163:8334
addnode=107.170.15.110:8668 
addnode=131.111.33.245:8668 
addnode=137.116.204.146:8668 
addnode=138.91.116.247:8668 
addnode=144.76.107.81:8668 
addnode=144.76.113.132:8668 
addnode=144.76.238.140:8668 
addnode=148.251.11.196:8668 
addnode=162.251.118.42:8668 
addnode=187.104.154.105:8668
# Enable RPC
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1

# RPC information
rpcuser=miner
rpcpassword=minerpw
rpcport=9332
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Code:
cd C:\Users\j\Desktop\maxcoin
start "" maxcoind

cd C:\Users\j\Desktop\cg-maxcoin
cgminer --keccak -o http://127.0.0.1:9332 -u miner -p minerpw

I'm mining on suprnova right now, ivan if you have an invite to smalltimeminer I wouldn't turner it down ;)

priority:
1gh
supr
dwarf1
dwarf2

also, call me crazy. I just bought another 290X. So currentlly pushing 1.75 GH/s on max right now. Active trading anytime I have 5 or more to trade for BTC. Hoping it will pay for itself in a couple days time.

double edit: have you guys played with thread-concurrency numbers to see if it helps? I'm doing whatever it did itself

Last edited:
I'm mining on suprnova right now, ivan if you have an invite to smalltimeminer I wouldn't turner it down ;)

priority:
1gh
supr
dwarf1
dwarf2

also, call me crazy. I just bought another 290X. So currentlly pushing 1.75 GH/s on max right now. Active trading anytime I have 5 or more to trade for BTC. Hoping it will pay for itself in a couple days time.

not crazy at all... I bought a 290 and a 270X the other day, and hopefully I'll get the 290X shipped back from RMA next week.

but if maxcoin continues being so profitable, I may buy another mining rig :D

i am trying to set this up to solo mine with cgminer. I keep getting pool 0 slowdown or url or credentials invalid. Anyone with insight?

maxcoin.conf and cgminer.bat are below:

Seems to have been a firewall issue, mining solo now. Hopefully as the pools go down, I can find some blocks.
not working. says json inval. seems the cgminer for this has been disabled for solo.

Last edited:
Seems to have been a firewall issue, mining solo now. Hopefully as the pools go down, I can find some blocks.

I would really join up with pools, I haven't heard much success by people solomining

Back