• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maxcoin GPU mining

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^ +1 was having similar issues but affinity to 1 core and cgminer priority to above normal was my fix.

I have one rig still running this. My 2x2gb ddr2 set died, so now I don't have enough ram to go back to scrypt. I ordered a p67 board for cheaper than I could get another 4gb set of ddr2. So I will be switching off of this once I get everything together in the new board.

I sure hope there is a pump on this. I have a whole bunch that I would like to unload....

MAX is down to 0.0004 btc/max.

I removed my coins from the mcx exchange tonight and stored them in a qt-max wallet on my computer. Hopefully they'll be worth something in 6 months to a year.

MAX is down to 0.0004 btc/max.

I removed my coins from the mcx exchange tonight and stored them in a qt-max wallet on my computer. Hopefully they'll be worth something in 6 months to a year.

Should have left them on Mcxnow... They pay you interest on your coins.

The interest is to fool people into leaving them on the exchange. What happens when the site is "hacked" or goes bankrupt? Someone else will have any value that you have stored there.

Given that.....I have all of my max at mcxnow with sells placed from .002 and up. I will leave them there until it gets exchanged or some hacker steals them.....
:)

The interest is to fool people into leaving them on the exchange. What happens when the site is "hacked" or goes bankrupt? Someone else will have any value that you have stored there.

Given that.....I have all of my max at mcxnow with sells placed from .002 and up. I will leave them there until it gets exchanged or some hacker steals them.....
:)

Very true, and RealSolid himself warns people of that risk, but hey, it's free coins :p

If you don't mind taking a risk, there is some money to be made :D

I'm back playing the Suprnova blockfinder lottery for a little while today. Hashcows is just beginning to start paying out what they should be, but I need to mine something that will allow the main rig to do some image editing for a power supply review. That either means Maxcoin at full steam ahead or something else with GPU 0 disabled on the main rig.

I went with Maxcoin. I'll most likely be back at Hashcows by the time the day is over, though, unless I hit a block or two with Maxcoin. Suprnova's block reward would make up for the current price of Maxcoin pretty quick.

Im storing my maxcoins on a usb and letting em sit, not worth selling at current price, but def not mining any more, lost some trust after watching some max keiser reports .. he seems like a joke to me :( thought he was a bit more serious

LoL, nope. One of the first times I came across him was in a youtube with alex jones....

I thought that this was dead and no one cared about it, but there are some posts on the twitter about looking for devs. If you have any and were thinking about dumping to be rid of it, i would hold it with hopes of a future pump. There is a slight possibility.

I thought that this was dead and no one cared about it, but there are some posts on the twitter about looking for devs. If you have any and were thinking about dumping to be rid of it, i would hold it with hopes of a future pump. There is a slight possibility.

< is holding 200 coins, wont sell at this price, just not worth it, rather let em burn to hek :(

MAX IS DEAD

sorry, but id call that an opinion

my opinion says max is pretty bad shape, since maxK is pretty much a joke, but then again doge is kept up by a meme :D so .. you never know

Max has gone up 3 or 4 times in value. It looks like they are going to hard fork it and reduce block rewards. I think that is why it is going up. Difficulty is rising faster than price, so it is not profitable to mine unless the price keeps going up.

Back