• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maxcoin GPU mining

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm mining Max again. 10.5 so far over the past 19 hours or so.

Woke up this morning to find the computer totally shut down. No time to look at it before work, hopefully I'll get a chance to figure it out tonight.

Yours must have caught the same bug mine did. Started it mining Litecoin yesterday before I went to work... 30 minutes later it was offline. Came back later to find that the 270X had gone sick and CGMiner had crashed.

Makes me wonder if I really should keep the bulk of my hashing power in just one computer. Thinking perhaps I should move the 270 into one of the office rigs and retire my HD7770. It's not like that card is a real barn burner when it comes to mining. Then again, it's the only one that's found me a block anywhere, so it's kind of a good luck charm. Doesn't hurt that I can leave it mining for weeks and not have to touch it again.

I'm getting there... not there yet. Next week I hope to order a board, chip, and RAM capable of running at least 4 cards. Then comes risers, then more video cards. Wash, rinse, repeat :)

+1 on that, I setup bamt for my newest acquisition simply bc i didnt have the time to install anythin else and i love it, it was cakewalk to setup for basic scrypt, download image, burn usb, edit cgminer config file and ur running

Did they get the max wallet working? Is there another way to store it off of an exchange?
With the way max is going down each day, it'll be awhile before it is worth much again.
There are only 132 BTC worth of buy orders and 734K max coins for sale.

Did they get the max wallet working? Is there another way to store it off of an exchange? With the way max is going, it'll be awhile, if ever, before it is worth much again.

ya, dl latest from maxcoin.co.uk then if it wont connect add the following nodes to the maxcoin.conf, create one if u dont have it in appdata>roaming>maxcoin:

addnode=maxcoin.cloudapp.net

addnode=maxcoinus.cloudapp.net

addnode=maxcoinasia.cloudapp.net

addnode=maxexplorer.cloudapp.net

addnode=151.236.222.216

addnode=87.247.111.39

addnode=115.77.50.218

addnode=107.170.41.175

addnode=49.69.110.241

addnode=190.245.206.9

addnode=49.49.175.102

addnode=144.76.45.199

addnode=183.8.179.161:61610

addnode=188.226.132.195

addnode=94.52.19.22

addnode=162.243.64.158

addnode=194.102.32.44

addnode=119.196.119.17

addnode=217.198.117.29

addnode=115.28.8.149

addnode=183.25.152.244:49198

addnode=58.76.245.137:59963

I think there is a gui wallet for windows now, but I still use the command line wallet.

I downloaded the wallet zip file from the link above. It has both a command line and a QT (gui) wallet. Is there a way to limit the bandwidth used by the QT wallets? They use so much bandwidth it slows my miner speed down by 50% when syncing.

I downloaded the wallet zip file from the link above. It has both a command line and a QT (gui) wallet. Is there a way to limit the bandwidth used by the QT wallets? They use so much bandwidth it slows my miner speed down by 50% when syncing.

No, that's not built into the wallet, but this is what you want: seriousbit.com/netbalancer with it, you can throttle any program using the interwebz.

I'm mining Max again. 10.5 so far over the past 19 hours or so.

Yours must have caught the same bug mine did. Started it mining Litecoin yesterday before I went to work... 30 minutes later it was offline. Came back later to find that the 270X had gone sick and CGMiner had crashed.

Makes me wonder if I really should keep the bulk of my hashing power in just one computer. Thinking perhaps I should move the 270 into one of the office rigs and retire my HD7770. It's not like that card is a real barn burner when it comes to mining. Then again, it's the only one that's found me a block anywhere, so it's kind of a good luck charm. Doesn't hurt that I can leave it mining for weeks and not have to touch it again.

and boom, its already crashed once since i got home and started everything back up...
i wonder why it has started to go screwy all the sudden...
i guess i will try it out one card at a time, see if its one of the cards thats causing errors, or if maybe it is a problem somewhere else in this old system.

I started having problems with locking up and crashing. I tracked it down to ram that went bad.

and boom, its already crashed once since i got home and started everything back up...
i wonder why it has started to go screwy all the sudden...
i guess i will try it out one card at a time, see if its one of the cards thats causing errors, or if maybe it is a problem somewhere else in this old system.

Did cgminer crash or the whole pc?

if it's cgminer, just shove thins into your .bat:

:loop
cgminer.exe -all your standard stuff like TC and -I...
goto loop

That will simply relaunch the miner every time till you click the "x" to kill the whole shabang.

Works for me, my 270x is still crashing once in a while, and I just watched cgminer literally close without warning today :-/

Did cgminer crash or the whole pc?

if it's cgminer, just shove thins into your .bat:

:loop
cgminer.exe -all your standard stuff like TC and -I...
goto loop

That will simply relaunch the miner every time till you click the "x" to kill the whole shabang.

Works for me, my 270x is still crashing once in a while, and I just watched cgminer literally close without warning today :-/

cgwatcher does that for me... no, this is whole pc crashing.
either the whole screen locks up, which is what it did last time, or what happened last night sometime was i woke up to a turned off computer.

I tried helix overnight. pool must be suffering ddos (suprnova). I only got 11 and miners were on max when I just checked.

Its not the bandwidth, its the cpu usage. Set affinity of cgminer to its own core or two and use the rest of the cores for the wallet and it wont drop hash speed while it syncs. Then after it syncs close your wallet and set all your cpu cores back to cgminer. BTC wallet is the only one that messes with mine really.

Back