• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maxcoin GPU mining

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And then there were two:

Asus 270X on top (GPU 0), Asus 270 OC underneath (GPU 1). The 270X was running under 60 degrees before the second card went in ;)

The 270 is basically running the same settings as the 270X, only with a lower engine clock. Haven't downvolted it yet, but that's definitely going to happen at some point.

Haven't had too much success mining Max today, but this is more of a "get the new guy working" day than anything else. Next step, tweaking the new one for Scrypt.

please tweak! just oc core and undervolt really :)) that 270 should do the same as its big brother, esp in sha ;) the 7870 which does 400 in scrypt does 230 in sha :)

anyone got any tips for playing around with the xI or the rI on here?
i havent touched them yet, so they are both at 0, but it would be nice to know how the work and what they do..
maybe able to tweak some extra mh out of my cards with them?
i see things on mcx chat about people getting 420mh out of 280x on maxcoin, im struggling to get past 380...

please tweak! just oc core and undervolt really :)) that 270 should do the same as its big brother, esp in sha ;) the 7870 which does 400 in scrypt does 230 in sha :)

Heh - tried it at 1050 long enough to know it's definitely got claws, but I'm trying to keep the temps below 70 ;)

Found out just how ineffective it is to just point a fan at the cards with the side of the case open. I'm having far better luck keeping the side on the GROne with an extra 120mm fan positively pressurizing it. Keeps it quieter too.

i havent touched them yet, so they are both at 0, but it would be nice to know how the work and what they do..
i see things on mcx chat about people getting 420mh out of 280x on maxcoin, im struggling to get past 380...

hmm, never did any of that, must look into myself

Heh - tried it at 1050 long enough to know it's definitely got claws, but I'm trying to keep the temps below 70 ;)

Found out just how ineffective it is to just point a fan at the cards with the side of the case open. I'm having far better luck keeping the side on the GROne with an extra 120mm fan positively pressurizing it.

depends, the cases i have dont allow for any real airflow so a side-fan is best i can really do, consider one case is from 1997 ;)
but with side fan on max and lined up with the core, i see 70C with max on all my monster cards (5870s and 6950s, them be hot cards compared to 7s)
ambient is 24.5C right now

Attachments

• CaptureT.JPG
    CaptureT.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 104

Here you go! http://www.overclock.net/t/1461916/...uded-aswell-get-the-most-hash-out-of-your-gpu

I did a google search on your same question today. I ended up using the regular intensity after hint hint.

damn, i thought i had a lot with me having like 60 max waiting to sell.
and your right ivan, i9-i14 doesnt change hashrates at all on my 280x.
1 thread, or 2 threads didnt seem to really make a difference either, the only way i see improvements is when i increase my gpu clock.
1150 gpu clock gets me 380-390Mh/s
1100 gpu clock gets me 360-370Mh/s
memory clock doesnt seem to make a difference.
after reading up on the xIntensity and raw intensity, im still not sure what to attempt there with adjusting, so i'll just leave it for now.

damn, i thought i had a lot with me having like 60 max waiting to sell.
and your right ivan, i9-i14 doesnt change hashrates at all on my 280x.
1 thread, or 2 threads didnt seem to really make a difference either, the only way i see improvements is when i increase my gpu clock.
1150 gpu clock gets me 380-390Mh/s
1100 gpu clock gets me 360-370Mh/s
memory clock doesnt seem to make a difference.
after reading up on the xIntensity and raw intensity, im still not sure what to attempt there with adjusting, so i'll just leave it for now.

I went back to the regular intensity. Raw and "x" intensity just wouldn't work for me.

Post on max's twitter says he will be on TV promoting maxcoin. Hopefully a bump in price will follow....

thats the thing with max, it has max to bump it now and then, i have some 100 waiting and some cold stored for longterm, you just never know and id rather risk some btccents now then cry later lol

Looks like he is going to start pumping. Whether a RT interview and Alex Jones are enough to pump the price up to hit some of my sell orders is the big question. Can only hope so, I don't really want to be a long time holder of maxcoin.....

I have seen more hints about something he is going to announce next week. It seems his pumping ability is weak thus far.......

He needs to step it up.

I have seen more hints about something he is going to announce next week. It seems his pumping ability is weak thus far.......

He needs to step it up.

used to be hed just tweet a word and itd go up, its actually not so much max as it is mcxnow .. that exchange is so hype driven :( im hoping fees will pickup so I can recover my cash and then im rather done with them

hrm... just found my comp on a hard lockup while mining max...
putting cards back to stock clocks, hopefully the problem doesnt repeat itself...
not really sure what caused it, cards have been solid at those clocks for days...

Woke up this morning to find the computer totally shut down. No time to look at it before work, hopefully I'll get a chance to figure it out tonight.

used to be hed just tweet a word and itd go up, its actually not so much max as it is mcxnow .. that exchange is so hype driven :( im hoping fees will pickup so I can recover my cash and then im rather done with them

Why would you be done with the best/fastest/most reliable exchange?
You can trade and make $$$ all day there :attn:

Back