• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximum Overclock and AGP Voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yasoumalaka

Registered
I have been in the process of overclocking my rig for the last week and have hit some stability issues trying to go over 3.85ghz. I began to research and learned that some people up there AGP voltage to increase voltage going to the northbridge. So I was wondering what AGP Voltages some of the overclockers are using. and what to look out for. Please post your suggestions and voltages for everyone to see.

I personally use a voltage falling between 1.7 and 1.9v for agp voltage. My paticular mobo does not have the agp and northbridge voltage linked, so via voltmod i run my vdd (vnorth) at 1.6v for everyday use, and up to as high as 1.75 for benchmarking runs...

Helsyeah said:
I personally use a voltage falling between 1.7 and 1.9v for agp voltage. My paticular mobo does not have the agp and northbridge voltage linked, so via voltmod i run my vdd (vnorth) at 1.6v for everyday use, and up to as high as 1.75 for benchmarking runs...

Do you know if the IC7 series boards have the northbridge and AGP linked?
Is there any way to find out besides using a multimeter? (i don't have one and I don't know how to use one very well, either--so I don't want to spend the $$ to blow up something :(.

Just curious if IC7 max3 has AGP and northbridge v linked.
(this is a bit offtopic though :(

Falkentyne said:
Do you know if the IC7 series boards have the northbridge and AGP linked?
Is there any way to find out besides using a multimeter? (i don't have one and I don't know how to use one very well, either--so I don't want to spend the $$ to blow up something :(.

Just curious if IC7 max3 has AGP and northbridge v linked.
(this is a bit offtopic though :(

Yes, they are linked.

Thanks, Zebbo;
How did you find out?
And what is different about the IS7? I thought they were all i865/i875 chipsets?

actually the vagp and vnorth on the ic7 is not linked... see this.

Edit: Last paragraph of the page.

The chipset does not determine whether or not the vnorth is linked to any other voltages... it is up to the individual board manufactures to determine what components share voltage regulation circuits.

Ok, if that's true,
then why the rumors all over the place that the IC7 boards link the AGP and northbridge voltages, if they don't ?? Zebbo: who told you they were linked, because I think hipro knows better !

And now I know why some people posted that the Vdd and vcore were linked on some boards (Asus).

AGP voltage is as ive always been told, is to put it simply, mobo voltage, your graphics card will only take the voltage it needs, and then the rest is given to the mobo nb etc, its not really a big thing on 865 875 chips sets, if it helps you get you oc stable then great.

Back