• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MB, CPU Heat issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doubledragon5

Registered
Recently from another post I had my A8N32-SLI Deluxe MB replaced as it would not longer boot. Now I have noticed that my Mb temps last night (ASUS Probe) was 49C. So I unplugged my computer and cleaned out the inside of the case. When I plugged it back in I noticed all my settings were no longer saved in the bios. This seems strange as I have unplugged it in the past and never lost my settings.

Today same thing just around 45C, and not doing much but surfing the net. So this time I took out my 9800GTX + Video card as it sits right over the south bridge chip set with about only a half inch clearance from the heat sink. I was going to put it in the second PCIE 16x slot, but it only has about a half inch from the top of the psu since the psu is bottom mounted and the fan sits on top. So for the heck of it I reinstalled my old 7900GT/Ko card to see if the temps would change. They now sit around 44C. I need to know what is the normal range for temps for this board in idle and under load or am I worrying over nothing. Naturally the loosing of my settings in the bio bugs me but I will try a new battery.. thanks

Your temps are fine. Motherboard temps don't change a whole lot with idle/load. My temps were running 44-46°C just after I built my system. (I know that because I've still got the text file notes I made while OC'ing.) Since I have WC on the CPU and GPU there's no extra heat going into the case on my rig.

You're good to go ...! :)

Thanks ice, changing the batter should take care of the loosing settings in bios when un plugged for a short cleaning period?

Well not long after this post, my pc stopped working again. No boot, just the fans spinning. Since this was a replacement board from ASUS I called them again for a RMA. It was granted, and board shipped out on 4/23. I did notice how ever after removing the mb from the case, the south bridge heatsink was no flush with the chip, it was pointed slightly upward. I see this as probably being the problem with heat, and the pc not working once again..

Back