• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Megahurtz On The Go, Now With Moar VOLTS! OC Forums iPhone/Android Skin!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I checked my phone earlier today and was like WHAT HAPPENED?! But then i realised it was actually quite nice lol. But like someone said, I've never had any major issues with the normal site on my HTC Desire HD. I actually still prefer the 'User CP' option. When I go into subscriptions, I can never tell which one has been updated since I last checked it.. (on the mobile site i mean). I know there's a little letter/mail thing, but eh.. XD

It's not a blending issue, I'm sure of that. This is the skin our skin started from:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/?styleid=21

Edit: I can make the post content area grey and it appears with rounded corners, but when I do that the username and avatar fields get a white background. The way I'm doing it now, they both show up with grey backgrounds, but they have square corners. I will probably need help to figure out the CSS classes/styling I need to apply to get the corners to look perfect.

The setting that makes the corners square is this:
li
{
background-color:#333332;
}

I can delete that background-color setting, and the post content area then shows grey with rounded corners, but thats when the avatar and username fields show up with a white background.

In theory I think what you would need to do is make the outline a pix thicker and make it sit on top of the solid grey background.

I am not complaining, I LOVE IT!! Thank you!!

Love it ! Looks really good on my ipad, also love menus structure and simple big text links and the menu buttons :thup:

At normal style, those small links on ipad like CP or Today's Posts which I used frequently are so hard to click them precisely without hitting nearby link using my fat finger compared to mouse, had to zoom everytime before clicking them, really hate that. :mad:

Used this new set up to my advantage last night at work, with the new style being so compressed my phone loads it way faster than before. In the break room we have a metal roof over our heads so my reception is junk haha

Plus the overall look is so smooth, looking forward to logging many hours on my mobile browsing OCF :)

Making the outline gray as well made the 90 degree corners of the background a lot less noticeable. There has to be a real fix though...I liked the light gray outline. How do you preview html code, just rename your .txt to .html?

I just realized that I don't get any blue buttons or any rounded edges when using IE or FF, so I can't even try messing around with it... I was just going by the screenshots...

Yep. basically XD

Thanks.

It was a nice surprise on my iphone the other day! What was really surprising is that the PC still works too!:chair:

Looks like you can move on to the next fire....:)

Thanks, that was pretty much it and I got it working.

Sweet! Glad I had some helpful input for ya, I was not sure if those lines around the edge were just lines or a solid layer, but seems like making it a little bigger did the trick.

EDIT: I just subscribed to the RSS feed from the front page too! :) The articles read nicely from my news widget. :thup:

Last edited:
Freaking sick man. I didn't care for the old one, and always switched to the normal skin.
But this new mobile skin is AWESOME!!!!!

Great work man.

Great skin, love it.

Request: When browsing by hitting Menu > New Posts - please make tapping on the thread title take you to the first new post, not just the page the new post is on please. In these threads with multiple screen caps or walls of text it's a real pain if you are using New Posts to browse the forums having to find your place every time there's a new post in a thread you are interested in. Being on a 3-4" screen only makes it worse!

Thanks IMOG

I've noticed the same thing Maxvla. It is half way there right now. When you click on the thread title, it sends the request to take you to the post - if you look at the URL, it has the postid numbers at the end of it. However, the mobile skin does not have postid anchor code attached to each post, which is why you get taken to the page and not the exact post... I haven't had time to look closer at how to get the postid anchor code in place on each post, but that is what needs to happen to do what you are asking.

Just a matter of time to figure it out.

Back