• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Bus vs. ICM vs. CPU Clock (FX-8320)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mainly I'm looking for the understanding, more than the results. As for my other components, they're modest, listed below (added a Sig as suggested)

Jon

I understand and appreciate that. However, this is one of those things that until you begin to experiment with it hands on you probably will not be able to get a good grasp on the concepts. You really can't understand it all before you dive in. Actually, doing it will lead to grasping it better. We will guide you through the process and keep you from frying something so don't be worried about that.

Right, but obviously it made sense to try and get as much understanding as possible first, so that I didn't break anything on my first run around the block. Getting questions like "how does this RAM multiplier thing work compared to what I'm used to?" answered first made more sense to me. At this point this thread isn't me asking you guys to help me overclock, just to help me understand the parts of the process that have changed since the last time I did it, so that I have a good base to start from. The guide from EarthDog's sig helped a lot, as well as the answers in this thread so far.

So I think I'm in pretty good shape now until I get the rig built. Then we can get some baselines and see where to go from there!

Good enough. It will become clearer as you begin to actually work with it and see how changes in the FSB affect other frequencies. Then the inter-dependencies will become clearer.

Back