• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest86 failed. Please HELP analyze the results!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
svetko said:
I don't think so - my psu is 550W, even if it's not a best brand..

I realized another thing though. On the sticker of my RAM says:

256MB 333MHz DDR PC2700 DIMM CL2.5

2.5V

but in my bios there's no option to set lower than 2.6V for the RAM.

also for some reason when I load "Optimal settings" it sets the ram to 266MHz instead of 333. Is that normal?

So you're running this ram at 333 right? Because that appears to be all its rated for.

Flash your bios to latest version, might be a good idea to check the changes list for things like "fixed memory compatibility errors". But, regardless, flash to the latest version as some one else suggested.

Regarding the voltage, more voltage usually makes things more stable. Conversely, it makes them hotter and they die faster...all electronics are slowly dying when in use though. :D

Try upping the vdimm (ram voltage) a little bit.

Just try clearing the bios and see what the SPD sets everything at as well.

The latest BIOS version on the Abit site is ...26, wich I have installed already. I don't know if I should install a different one - please tell me if you know a good/latest version and where to get it from.

I tested my memory on a friend's computer, so it's all good.

I spoke with that tech support guy from Abit again today. Told him the voltage for my ram is listed 2.5v on the sticker, and my mobo does not have such an option. The minimum is 2.6v... He just said "more voltage is even better".. whatever.. Is my mobo defective though, for not having a 2.5v option or this model just does not support it???

I don't know what/who else to ask..

thanks for help anyway, guys.. gonna test with latency 3, and if it crashes again wil RMA the mobo.. :santa2: :cry: :mad:

EDIT: crashed on 8-2-2-3 too.... on the same place..

Last edited:
In Memtest what does it say you processor speed is? if it's a 266MHZ processor and your running it at 333mhz your overclocking it without increasing your core voltage. If your running your memory at 1:1 you would be doing this. You also haven't increased your Vdimm as suggested above. You may need a nice boost in the vcore if you have a 25% overclock on your cpu. The Voltage options are on the bottom of the first bios screen.

There is a bug in memtest 4.2 ... sorry ... nothing to do about your memory. Run an older memtest... or wait for the fix...

Back