• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micro Motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Compn00b101

Registered
whats the deal with these? are they any good? would be pretty cool not having a big tower. My girlfriend might like my comp more if it was smaller lol

What do you mean by what's the deal :)?

Motherboards come in many sizes. The most common for desktop are EATX, ATX, Mini/micro ATX and ITX. I guess you mean ITX.

The smaller you go the less features you have. Usually the smallest boards only have 2 RAM Slots rather than 4 and only 1 expansion slot. There are powerful options though. You can get a decent board with a good CPU and good graphics card and fit it into a small case.

Usually, people go small form factor for a moderate PC, something that's just for web surfing and stuff.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...31732&cm_re=AMD_hudson-_-13-131-732-_-Product
Here's a low end system. CPU/GPU/Sound/LAN just add your RAM and drives and a powersupply. And a case.

Back