• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Access - HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a.davis1026

Hey everyone - First time posting on the site... so be gentle with me :)

I am have been thrown in as a beginner and put in charge of creating a database from scratch for our company.
For now, we would like the database to store and track truckloads we are scheduling.

I have all my tables set up and a form created for entering a new order.
Here are my two big issues I am running in to now.

1- I would like to add a button to my "New Order" form, that duplicates only some of the feilds. We have customers that will order 3 loads at a time so I am trying to make it faster to add them. How do I set the button to copy only some of the feilds?

2-This is my bigger one... We also have changed to our orders, so I would like to create a new form that allows us to update an order. This is how in my mind i see it set up
a-you search by PO# or order number to pull up the original order you want to update (preferably a pop up window)
b-you then are able to add a note to the original order stating why the changes are being made
c-press a button to save the original and duplicate the order with all the fields the same except the date...

Probably a lot but any help would be great! Hope I was clear.

Thanks in advance

Back