• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MMORG what to play.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Asheron's Call is the best PvP EVER!

And yes, it requires so much skill, a lot of people just give up because when you achieve that skill, people who don't have it, just have no chance against you (unless they have lots of friends :p), and I'm talking playing-skill, not character-skill.

Oh and I'm currently checking out SWG - I'm still trying to get into beta (I have the keycode, but Sony/Station is all messed up right now and their validation thing seems to be fubared - and I'm not alone here either hehe)... bunch of my friends from AC are coming w/ and already playing in Beta.

I play a game called runescape: http://www.runescape.com
the graphics could be better. as could the sound.... but there is iso many things to do! I have had a lot of fun on that game and been playing for years....best of all, ITS FREE!!! unless you p2p like me....for anyone who won't go through the tutorial, here is a character you can use:
USERNAME: Godren
PASSWORD: cheese
please don't try to change my password :( not only is it a mean thing to do i can do the recovery thing and get it back so....ya.

n e 1 with questions, email me [email protected].

lastly, i can't wait till FFXI comes out!!! (final fantasy 11) i have a friend that is in the beta and i gonna hafta kill him till he lets me try it out :)

I liked many things about AC1. ACII sucks. I played DAOC for a while and that game is completely unbalanced. RRRRGh everything gets so unbalanced when they keep screwing with it just to make new players happy.

I have been on the forums for Star Wars Galaxies for 2 years now even though I hate Star Wars just so I can influence the game to be balanced. So far it looks like many things are turning out my way. Look for me there as LtRoyFokker, I'm very well known.

Da_Beeblebrox said:
Planetside.
I am beta testing... it owns

www.planetside.com It comes out in a week

21.99 a month will pay for Planetside (original 10 a month), Everquest 1 (original 13 a month), Everquest Online Adventures for PS2 (10 a month), EVERquest 2 (price not determined...prolbably around 13) and other station games like Infantry...and others :)

I say go for the SOE all access pass (21.99 a month) and you will be able to play Everquest 2 AND planetside :)

I play EQ 1 right now, and I can't wait for EQ2 to come out....and I will get planetside also.

Sweet game Everquest is :)

I'm not sure how long Inthrees played everquest or how long ago he played it, but the post about unbalanced then the story behind it makes absolutely no sense to me. Based on the level, the lammy, and the Lguk armor I would think that it was a long time ago. Maybe you should give the game another try. Many things have changed since then, you might like it.

I play a 63 Gnome Necro(Master Tailor, Tinkerer, Baker, Brewer, and Smith), 49 Gnome Wizzy, and 24 Gnome Rogue. I've been playing the game since just before Luclin and love the game. Very fun.

In EQ you cannot loot a corpse for the first 2 minutes unless you're part of the group that killed it. There is also a 'raid' feature that allows the raid leader to set looting rules. If, after 2 minutes, you haven't looted the corpse you lose your right to the corpse and it becomes FFA(free for all).

Although the end game(if you're not 65 you've most likely never seen the end game) encounters are bugged, and the high-game (Luclin and Teir 2 & 3 PoP) require some rediculous timesinks and blowable events, the game is still very fun.

Teris Thule, Emp Ssra, Seru, Grummus, and a host of others are very fun.

For the average Newbie, levels 1-50 might take a couple months. Levels 51-60 will take as long(maybe twice as long) as the trip from 1-50 took. Levels 61-65 aren't too bad unless you can't get flagged to Teir 2+.

Between questing, tradeskilling, chatting, exploring, and game lore you shouldn't really get bored.

No, I'm pretty sure the core parts that I hated haven't changed at all.

1. Imbalance between melee and casting, especially the favored solo classes, druid and necro.
2. Camping.

There were ultra-rare items in UO to an extent, but they handled the implementation much better. You could get really rare things in a variety of ways, from a variety of monsters. Your CHANCES were low, but you didn't have to fight an entire server full of people to kill ONE monster that spawned very rarely to begin with.

Ultimately, there was a lot more to do in UO.

Does agility actually do something now in EQ? It didn't (no, it really DIDN'T, they admitted it) back when I played.

There was no variety in good character types. When you made a 'good' character, you picked the BEST race for that character and used ALL of the prime attribute as your bonus points, no other way.

Man, planetside stunk. I played the beta for a while, and let me tell you, the graphics SUCKED. Yes, the SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED!!! That game is going to tank. There's no running from side to side, no jumping from ledge to ledge, trying to dodge bullets while whipping around and firing backward as you're falling off a hill a la Matrix.

To me, that's what makes FPS's fun. It's nice to have strategy FPS's too like CS or something like that, but in Planetside, you run SOOOO damn slow! Also, the ground looks so barren! I won't ever get that game.

There are a couple that look spectacular though, namely, Dragon Empires, World of Warcraft, and Everquest 2. IMHO, those will be the breadwinners for this year's (hopefully this year!) MMO games.

And abou the whole PK thing... Yes, in UO, there was entirely too much PKing. I didn't get much of it because I was a tank mage myself and killed many a red in my time because I travelled in packs as well. But it brought the world more to life. Greifers that killed miners with nothing on them but ore, or lumberjacks with nothing but wood planks were stupid. But you can't say that those were the only chars you had. And even if they were, of course you'd get killed. WHat you were mining was valuable. Rather than them having to sit there and mine for hours, you did it for them! That's why my miner never travelled alone. I made friends and joined a good guild that had at least 5-6 guys watching all the miners in an area.

I also admit to actually BEING a PK, and let me tell you, there are a LOT of good guy-PKers out there. I never killed miners, lumberjacks, or fishermen, but yes, I didn kill people wearing full plate suits, etc. I built a keep from doing that!

What that tells you is that if you want to play a game that doesn't invlove much PvP, play something like AC on a carebear server, or play EQ. Hell, even DAoC (which I currently play) doesn't have PvP, unless that's what you want... then it has PvP waiting for you, all the time. I'm doing PvE until I've gotten to lvl 50, then I'll PvP all the time! I think playing someone with a brain is much more fun than playing with a computer.

Ever try playing bots in UT2003 or Quake III? Fun? No.

Amino said:

What that tells you is that if you want to play a game that doesn't invlove much PvP, play something like AC on a carebear server, or play EQ. Hell, even DAoC (which I currently play) doesn't have PvP, unless that's what you want... then it has PvP waiting for you, all the time.

We're all big boys and have figured that one out already, but thanks for the advise! Thats why I play DAoC even tho it is as slow as EQ which bores the pants off me, but AC got old after 2+ years and there really aren't any options for fantesy other then SLOWWWWWWWWWWW paced EQ and clones of EQ.

Hopefully someone will figure out how to make the leveling tread mill a bit more interesting too in the up and coming MMO games.

Your CHANCES were low, but you didn't have to fight an entire server full of people to kill ONE monster that spawned very rarely to begin with.

Umm have you played? The Champion spawns..

You fight 5 levels of monsters to sumong the grand monster, who has items =D then you take his head put it on a pedistuel with 6 other champions and sumon the grand champion who you fight 4 times for a stat scroll hehe

ultima sucks becasue of the gay gms who abuse there powers. What I wouldnt do for there adress's id show them what power in real lief is like

Back