• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobie Barton 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

I just recieved my chip about 20mins ago. I quickly tore down and slapped in the new Barton Mobile 2500+ I am still in the process of rebuilding my water cooling with a custom WinFlex block. For now all I can say right now is that this thing screams, I may even be a 3ghz chip. Here is a quick screen shot.

MobileBarton.jpg

IQYFA 0343 MPMW

This is on an SK6 which is not a very large HSF.

Im looking at full load temps of 45c and case temps of 26c

My T-Bred listed in the sig was running at 2ghz on this SK6 and was up to 49c. I feel confident that the temps are in a safe range right now.

Once the water cooling is back together there will be many updates, pictures and benchmarks.

Cross you fingers, lets see what this thing can do.

Here is the thread with some pictures of the block. Will be updating that as well.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=269778

Oh and here are a nice few pictures of the block taken by Winflex.

Block%20012.jpg

Water%20Block%20008.jpg

Last edited:
Thought you might like a little update.

2850.jpg

mbm.jpg

On water, with the WinFlex Block.

CPUart.jpg

Looking at a V-Core of 1.95 (set to 2.03 in BIOS --> The undervolting is cool?)

Going to test for stability and see where to go from here.

Too bad this RAM and MB don't like high FSB, oh well.

Last edited:
Well he hasn't had it very long from what i can tel (an hour?) so i am sure he is still tweaking on it. I think 14 is the default so he just hasnt adj it yet.

Interesting. When will the wc be up fishy? Very anxious to see more mobile barton results although they are sold out at newegg :(

EDIT: They're back :eek:. Must hold back.... Arghhh...

tom10167 said:
I'm very confused, why aren't you starting with the FSB at 200, and why is your multiplier so high?

Im just playing around with it. I also have been having some issues with my RAM lately. I might have to mod my PSU so I can get a little bit more out of my 3.3v rail, and thus a bit more into the RAM.

Soja said:
Interesting. When will the wc be up fishy? Very anxious to see more mobile barton results although they are sold out at newegg

EDIT: They're back . Must hold back.... Arghhh...

Soon I hope. I was shooting for today, but keep running into more and more problems. Im working on a new case to put everything in, and its very small. Im looking to make it much more portable. That seems to be giving me the most problems. I might just slap something half way together in my Antec for now.

Plus tongiht is Friday, and tommorrow is V-Day and I just met this awsome chick. So she might get in the way. I hope you guys don't mind. I know that I don't.

Maybe I go and see how much I can get out of this thing on AIR. Be back in a few.

Quick Update:

I made it into Windows at 2775 at 1.9v but It promptly crashed. Thats ok though.

Im going to let it run right now at 2606mhz at 1.725v and go and work on my other case and water cooling. I have a pretty good feeling that there should be no problems hitting 2800mhz and possibly higher.

I hope these chips love voltage, cause I'm going to hammer it later.

MobileBarton2.jpg

Last edited:
yeah fishy id leave it running at that speed burning in using seti :D or prime95

i think u could hit 3ghz with that and watercooling might need alot off volts tho

See post #2, water cooling has been installed, and there are now some updates.

Yes it is a newegg chip. Some other members have the same stepping.

dang fishy,makes me wish I had gotten a mobile barton,my case will be here monday wish me luck,gonna try to get it together by wednesday when my new os gets here.looks like a great oc to me

just put mobile 2500 in - it's set now to 11 X 215 - 2365 @ 1.7 vcore. temps 36c now with 92mm Tornado up halfway. Time to push it.

My stepping AXMH2500FQQ4C
IQYFA 0343MPMW

Boght it from Newegg 5 days ago.

UPDATE

Ran it up to215x12@ 1.8v, 38C idle- stable

Pushed it up to 215x13 and my rig went beserk- bios dispayed programming script, thought I fried something. Turned it all off, had a smoke, and rebooted ok. Had to reset everything though.

Now I'm back at 215x12 / 2586mhz, probobly need to change mem timing from 2-2-2-6 -

going mobile....

Last edited:
Back