• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobie Barton 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
demon-eater said:
this was discussed the other week in another thread.

Yes, it's been discussed in lots of threads...

to each his own.

No, not really. Stable is a binary concept, if you will - something is either stable or it's not. There's no middle-ground. If a machine can't run absolutely everything then it's not stable. Testing stability by burring media, as an example, without even using something like EAC to check for errors, does not qualify as a measure that can be used to pronounce success. Let's also keep in mind that stability puts all of us on equal ground when it comes to comparing our respective overclocks. Clearly, with that concept in mind, many results presented on this forum can be completely discounted.

Steven4563 said:
fishy u got that nice barton any higher yet or is that it ?

Haven't been playing with the top CPU speed much.

I still trying to figure out why my MB and RAM don't like high FSB speeds anymore. Once I get that worked out Ill see if I can hit 2900mhz.

I would really like a screen shot of 3ghz. Even if its not stable, it would be cool.

I'm also having problems getting my mobile 2500+ on NF7-S and Corsair above 200mhz stable. What bios are you on? How much juice to your memory?

4bidden said:
I'm also having problems getting my mobile 2500+ on NF7-S and Corsair above 200mhz stable. What bios are you on? How much juice to your memory?

I was gearing this question towards {PMS} because he said he also is having problems with getting over 200fsb.

Ran prime 95 for 9 hours at this overclock, no failures-

216 X 12 @1.90 vcore.

Attachments

• readouts 1.jpg
    readouts 1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 849
4bidden said:

I was on 20 then I wanted to try 10. That was a big mistake, either the flash went bad, or it does not support the CPU. It stilled posted, but I could not get windows to load, and if I went into the BIOS menu it was all garrabed. I was able to flash from a floppy (fingers crossed the whole time) to 18 and it seems to be working. I no longer have failed posts and the two tone siren for voltage out of range.

As for memory voltage I have the V-dimm mod, so I can crank it up to 3.2v Right now Im running 2.95. There is too much going on with this board, so Im not sure whats casuing me problems.

Whoa, thanks for the link itshondo. That thread should keep me busy for awhile!! :D

So I checked out Newegg, and I noticed that the mobile Barton is shown at 1.25V, while all the others are rated for 1.45V. Is this a typo? If not, are there two versions of the mobile Barton (1.25V and a 1.45V). The reason I ask is because NewEgg won't ship to Canada so I'm trying to get it here from a local dealer and I don't want to get the wrong one. I assume if there's two versions the 1.25V version would work better.

There's tons of typoes with the mobile barton processors @ newegg.

It is 1.45, not 1.25. Also the 2400 does not run fast than the 2500 as the page sais.

d4m0n-

I haven't done any mods, just set the bios to what seems to work on my system.

currently at 12 Multipier and 217 FSB, with my memory at 4/4 (434mhz). Shows up below as 2606 mhz.

I'm still experimenting, reached 2.8 at 2.0 volts vcore but it wasn't stable (w/n pass prime95) and was pretty hot.

below is my CPU-Z screen.

Attachments

• 2606 oc.jpg
    2606 oc.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 760
Back