• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobie Barton 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey did you have to do anything special to get 15x? I tried 13.5 and 14 without success, but I wonder if 15x would work? Hmm...

Only thing holding me back right now is this crappy PSU... I'm tempted to rig up a second one until my Antec 480W comes in Tues...

That is a nice O/C man!

any idea if the new one are locked or not? is there a chance ill get a locked one with the new batch or are they all unlocked? I dont want to buy one and then have it be locked because the new batch is locked

ChillPhatCat said:
Hey did you have to do anything special to get 15x? I tried 13.5 and 14 without success, but I wonder if 15x would work? Hmm...

Only thing holding me back right now is this crappy PSU... I'm tempted to rig up a second one until my Antec 480W comes in Tues...

That is a nice O/C man!

Nope nothing special. I did notice that when I set the V-Core to 2.2 (2.05 really) I lost all the multipliers above 13x which is pretty pointless. Im going to try a different BIOS version tommorrow.

Nukemall said:
any idea if the new one are locked or not? is there a chance ill get a locked one with the new batch or are they all unlocked? I dont want to buy one and then have it be locked because the new batch is locked

All mobile chips are unlocked.

currently running at 2700 mhz, 216 X 12.5 w/ 1.93 vcore.

MBM 5 idle temps 42 cpu

need water cooling, temps a bit high for me...

That's a very nice overclock. Now I wonder if I should have gotten a Mobile 2500+ instead of this 2800+. Oh well, I still have gotten it to 195x12.5 at 1.8 vcore with 42C load temps. ;)

im at a measly 2.4ghz with my same stepping mobile barton due to the fact that my last mobo melted the atx connector's 5v connections so they are alittle low now (4.8v full load)

2.4ghz @ 33c load w/1.65v

demon-eater said:
2.4ghz @ 33c load w/1.65v

Wow, that's pretty good! Is your rig on water? How stable is the OC? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my new XP-M that's due to arrive either Wednesday or Thursday.

ok I burned a dvd copy (which seems to work my system the hardest) and with my 92mm tornado at full speed (with a fan to heatsink shroud) my max load temp was 45c-

that's at 216 X 12.5 - 2700 mhz 1.93 vcore,

mem timings at 2-2-2-6 @ 2.8 volts, 4/4 434 mem

very stable and burned a full "backup" copy of a dual layer dvd movie in 26 min, 5 min faster than my unlocked 2500 Barton AQXEA 0330 VPMW @ 200 X 11.

I am one happy camper!

yes, a Maze 2 with 525gph pump (in bucket) going through a BMW 2002 heater core using a 5 gallon bucket at a res and a window house fan (with 2 fans) sideways standing next to the bucket blowing air past it and hitting the heater core located on top of bucket.

lol it ain't pretty but then again my computer isn't in a case either its laying on my desk right now as i type.

oh yes overclock very stable as far as im concerned.

2.5ghz now that I just spliced another ATX connector in place of the burnt out one...

2.5ghz @ 35C w/1.7v

I can't acess 13x or higher multipliers on my 8rda+ and so im at my limit of 200mhz fsb as this board hates my ram, won't let me run anything over 133fsb but i can run 133mhz at 5-2-2-2 cas 2 with 2.9v however a 8-4-4-4 cas 3 at 2.9v at 134mhz won't post (makes perfect sense)

oh yes overclock very stable as far as im concerned.

very stable and burned a full "backup" copy of a dual layer dvd movie in 26 min, 5 min faster than my unlocked 2500 Barton AQXEA 0330 VPMW @ 200 X 11.

Guys, you may want to run some stability tests - like Prime95 - for an extended period of time (16-24 hours) before calling your systems stable.

itshondo wrote:
with my 92mm tornado at full speed (with a fan to heatsink shroud)
Do you have any pics and a description of this shroud? I'm curious as I believe a shroud probably makes sense for a 92mm fan. How many degrees lower do you get with the shroud approx?

Back