• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobie Barton 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Steven4563 said:
fishy i know this sound stupid but have u upped the Voltage on your chipset ?

Yea. I also have the VDD modded so I can take it up to 1.9v I haven't noticed a difference with higher voltage though. I even triedn some Mushkin Black lvl2 that I have run to 240 in an IC7 at 2.9v and I still can't get past 215mhz FSB on this board. I've tried every BIOS, and I am even trying the modded BIOSes now. I think this board is maxed out. Heck I should send it back, it can't even do 200mhz at default VDD. Whats with that? If I run across some $ I might get a DFI, but I doubt it.

Someone should run a thread listing steppings on the Barton-M, motherboard type & rev#, memory type and timings, cooling setup, final stable OC, and if any voltmods have been used. Seems like there are many variables to getting the Barton-M at a high clock....

I think a DFI or modded NF-7s are going to hit the 3.0 ghz mark though I'd love to see someone with a stock NF-7s do it....

{PMS}fishy said:
I even triedn some Mushkin Black lvl2 that I have run to 240 in an IC7 at 2.9v and I still can't get past 215mhz FSB on this board. I've tried every BIOS, and I am even trying the modded BIOSes now. I think this board is maxed out. Heck I should send it back, it can't even do 200mhz at default VDD. Whats with that? If I run across some $ I might get a DFI, but I doubt it.
Try dropping your vdd to 1.7v and your vdimm to 2.6v. Just try it.

I had some mushkin ram that didn't play nice with my NF7-s, but liked both my gigabyte boards. For some reason, on the NF7-s it would throw errors in prime sooner at vdimm over 2.6v. I had it at 2.8v and it would error in prime at 205FSB. When I reduced it to 2.6v, I could get upwards of 220FSB prime stable.

OMFG I get the exact same thing......damn :( I thought that was just a CH-5 thing!

Oh well I guess Ill get my Geil PC4000 then a Mobile Barton.

Anyone know how long theyre gonna keep making these XP-Ms???

Cuz I might get the RAM later since good PC4000 isnt going to be discontinued anytime soon!

few day old cpu.. been ocing it for like 2 days or so.

right out of the box, 12x219 @ 1.85-187 Vcore, tornado 92mm @ ~3100 RPM (max is ~4700RPM with fan controller).

load: ~42-43c (socket; this board doesnt give diode).

there is still room left, but i bet after a week or two of usage and burn in, it will go higher without having to juice it like a monster.

i can do 2.7 (12.5x216) @ ~1.95 so far (still a new cpu), but i would have to notch down my fsb to use that multi). i dont want to lose memory throughput.

2.8, just isnt possible right now at this stage for me, without heavily juicing the cpu (~2.1-2.2).

seems like this cpu doesnt like high fsb's. not too sure though, since my ram only did about DDR446 (in my old asus board on a tbred 2600+ 333) and DDR444 in this board (tested on 8x multi with mobile chip) in DC. many people are within the same fsb range on the mobile chips though. pretty impressive though, for a cpu which starts with 266 fsb. i have seen one stepping though, that was 11.5 x ~244, so im sure it is possible with the right ram. im also working with a gig in dual channel, so that is most definitely hindering my fsb range.

will report back after a week or two of pummeling and burning/breaking in, ha.

Last edited:
I've noticed that my +12v rail is a constant 11.80 volts - I'm thinking this may be hindering my oc- what do you think?

Attachments

• mbm 1.jpg
    mbm 1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 572
You do reallize that the 9600 Pro AIW requires a min. of a 300w PSU...and then on top of that you have the 2 hard drives and the Plextor and Tornado...

I would say it might be time for a upgrade...and those low +12 rails also tell the same thing...bet if you unhook some of those things...like one hard drive and the plextor your rails will rise...

Jeez!

....yea Im definatly gonna get one of thse chips. I got a JIXHB from my parents and the chip is crap!

I cant even get 2.3 stable with 1.8v lol :D

If this sucker will do 2.4 with 1.8v Ill be very happy!!

Anyone know what the lowest reported stable OC for these chips are????

I dont want another dud!!! :mad:

itshondo said:
I've noticed that my +12v rail is a constant 11.80 volts - I'm thinking this may be hindering my oc- what do you think?
Thanks for the tip earlier bro. I tried 12x217 last night on 1.93v and have been running prime stable (P10) for the last 8 hours. Max load temp is 50c.

d4m0n said:

Try dropping your vdd to 1.7v and your vdimm to 2.6v. Just try it.

I had some mushkin ram that didn't play nice with my NF7-s, but liked both my gigabyte boards. For some reason, on the NF7-s it would throw errors in prime sooner at vdimm over 2.6v. I had it at 2.8v and it would error in prime at 205FSB. When I reduced it to 2.6v, I could get upwards of 220FSB prime stable.

I doubt its that. I don't have the RAM anymore so I can't try. Lets just say that it would do 240 @ 2.9v on an IC7 and 255 on an AI7 3.2v (2-2-2-6)

As stated above. I know for a fact my Mushkin CH5 does this. I absolutly cannot get into windoz if I put the voltage past 2.6v

if it is CH5, then there is a voltage regulator contained within the IC's. give it no more then 2.6vdd. youll top out at around 223 (DDR446) or so in DC when working with a gig. probly slightly higher when workin with 512 in DC. the tightest RAS to CAS can be is 3.

guess I am going to have to take this mobile 2500 that the ex-man just handed to me and put it under water and do a little fishin with it...just what kind of worms do you like fishy????????hehheh

My 2500+ mobile is currently doing 200x12x1.75 vcore, priming for 2 hours now. I cant get the fsb to up. It just wont do it, Im running my sig rig with the mobile right now 2.7vdimm, with ram in dual channel with 6,3,3,2 timings and I tried 210fsb and it errors in prime after like 15 seconds...even with the locked barton running 210x11x1.85vcore with 2.7vdimm, it still would prime error in 15 seconds....

Grampa said:
guess I am going to have to take this mobile 2500 that the ex-man just handed to me and put it under water and do a little fishin with it...just what kind of worms do you like fishy????????hehheh

NiteCrawlers. Let it burn.

itshondo said:
I think a DFI or modded NF-7s are going to hit the 3.0 ghz mark though I'd love to see someone with a stock NF-7s do it....
based on my findings throughout the forums,

you will have more difficult time to get to higher mhz with the DFI than than the NF7/s. The DFI is designed for high FSBs, not high grand total clocks.. The NF7/s is. There has been lots of issue with the high Vcore & top clocks with the DFI.

Lowering the FSB sometimes does the trick when you want to join "top total clock festival" i.e. who reaches the 3ghz mark...

It is more challenging to do "Top total clocks and high FSBs and high Vcore".

I had to use more cooling power to get my DFI & m-barton to do 2,960mhz..

I would still take DFI over NF7 anyday due to superiority on the FSBs.

AMD Athlon Mobile XP2600+ IQYHA 0401 UPMW@ 3012MHz (251 x 12)-----DFI Lanparty B -----1024MB Mushkin Level II PC3200 DDR-----Visiontek GeForce4 Ti4400-----Maxtor 60GB HDD 6L060L3-----Lian-Li PC-60 with Enermax 431W Whisper PSU-----Viewsonic 19" G90fb-----Lite-On 52x CD-RW-----Lite-On 48x CD-RW-----CPU Cooling: Prometeia chilled......NB Cooling: Microcool Northpole

From Ge|atinousFury's sig.

Wow. I am impressed

Back