• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mod a Case With Me......... LOTS OF PICS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
on your gaming rig.. if you have nero why dont you use image-drive? I have alot of CDs for my games, and the play disc, i mount as a virtual drive and wammo my CD-RW and DVD are free of a CD.. Plus there better speed since nero makes my virtual drive a scsi CD-RW...

faster than damn ATA-66 Optical drives...

tbones1337 said:
on your gaming rig.. if you have nero why dont you use image-drive? I have alot of CDs for my games, and the play disc, i mount as a virtual drive and wammo my CD-RW and DVD are free of a CD.. Plus there better speed since nero makes my virtual drive a scsi CD-RW...

faster than damn ATA-66 Optical drives...

no ut2004 tho, and the hd space, I hate to be the bad-guy (okay, that was a lie) but if you google for no-cd cracks they have them for most games.. (not linkin any links here)

Edit: yes, there are legitimate uses. so don't b*tch at me... just in advance... sorry... da*n i'm like the medic on blood gultch chronicles......sorry.

I use NOCD cracks on a few games, but in most cases if you do own the full retail version they are more hastle than they are worth. I dont mind keeping my 2 fav games, Need For Speed Underground and UT2K4 in the box.

But back to the topic of this thread. I cant wait for all my new goodies to show up this morning some time. The window looks so cool, I just want the nicer cables.

Well Here she is, the computer parts guy came.

Well the UPS guy came and dropped off my new cables and such. Everything is installed, most of the wires are taped off lights are installed, I was thinking about moving one of the HD's onto the CD rom chain to try and save an IDE cable or moving the OS drive to the IDE controller card rather than on the MB but chose not too. So I have 2 drives on one IDE Card chain and a single on the other slot, then I have the CD as master on IDE 2 for the MB and the OS drive as IDE master on IDE of the MB. It is a little bit complicated but it works.

Enough of me blabbering here are the pics. The only mod I am going to do now is add another CC light to the top of the case as it is still pretty dark up there. I ran out of sleeving or I would have sleeved the PSU.

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

Thank You

Now that there is a cool case, I need to decide on an all in one motherboard to put in it. Hmm I am needing something around 1.5ghz P4 or AMD 1800 or above. DDR with onboard everything. However it must have at least 2 pci slots. Then we start overclocking it and see just what we can get for nearly nothing and make it worth something.

After all the case was free just took time to mod it and then spend a few bucks on the extra's.

That looks very impressive. My only complaint is that all that empty space could be used for an awesome, multi-rad watercooling system. Heck if you had the time and skills, you could build a phase change unit at the top of that case. Anyways, I guess I just like seeing all that good space put to use. Either way though, it looks very nice and you should be proud of your handywork.

Thank you guys for all the great compliments. I am going to add more Cold Cathodes and changing out those last to multi colour fans for blue fans. The Red and Blue seems to set each other off much better than expected. The Blue light hits the red and turns it almost gloss black in some areas. Mixed with the chrome fan grills it just seems to work. I just wish I had a better camera. It looks much nicer in person that it does on my cheap digi camera. Alot of the places where the paint looks blochy is just the way the camera picked up the light refelecting off of it.

I dont plan any more major upgrades to it but I will continue to post updates to it as I do small changes.

Nice job. Looks like air flow is good, nice paint. The only thing I can't stand it multi colored fans. Yeck! But I see your now crazy and will replace them. phew!

Well I just dropped another 80$ on lighting stuff. Some of the stuff seems pretty cool. They had a bunch of stuff on sale so I ordered it. All prices are in CDN$

Items ordered: Price:
1 x SUNBEAM 12 INCH COLD CATHODE LIGHT KIT WITH DUAL INVERTER - UV
$5.95
10 x VIBECONX FEMALE MOLEX CONNECTOR - UV BLUE
$0.65
2 x GENERIC 80MM QUAD UV LED CASE FAN W/FAN GRILL- GREEN AND BLUE
$4.95
2 x GENERIC 7.5 INCH NYLON CABLE TIE - UV GREEN *100 PACK*
$1.95
1 x EVERGLIDE GIGANTA V-3 MOUSE PAD - BLACK
$9.95
1 x VANTEC SPECTRUM 80MM UV CASE FAN - CLEAR *GLOWS BLUE*
$8.95
2 x VIBECONX 4 INCH 4-PIN MOLEX Y-ADAPTER *UV REACTIVE* - BLUE
$2.95
1 x AERO COOL ACRYSHIELD TITANIUM AND ACRYLIC POWER SUPPLY MOD W/80MM FAN HOLE - BLUE
$9.95

Sub-Total: $61.00
Shipping: $6.83
Insurance: $1.19
GST: $4.83
PST: $5.18
ORDER TOTAL: $79.03

Last edited:
looking good, looking forward to seeing more pics

Edit= oppps... didnt look past first page. Hehe
Still looks good though

Nice work. I have a case about that size, bought it off of Directron, good price IMO for the size too.
One major problem Ive ran into with it, is I cant really use the top3/4 drive bays. None of the IDE Cables are long enough to reach. I bought a couple of the super long ones off of svc so I could. The middle, think its 24"? Works ok, the longer one, think its 36", gives me consistent problems on my new board. It worked on my last one, so I know its not the problem per se. One this one, it just wont cut it, creates lock ups misreading of the drives, hdd or optical, freezes on install all sorts of IDE Bases issues. Finally removed the long one, not a problem. That is the only issue I have with these big cases.

IFMU said:
Nice work. I have a case about that size, bought it off of Directron, good price IMO for the size too.
One major problem Ive ran into with it, is I cant really use the top3/4 drive bays. None of the IDE Cables are long enough to reach. I bought a couple of the super long ones off of svc so I could. The middle, think its 24"? Works ok, the longer one, think its 36", gives me consistent problems on my new board. It worked on my last one, so I know its not the problem per se. One this one, it just wont cut it, creates lock ups misreading of the drives, hdd or optical, freezes on install all sorts of IDE Bases issues. Finally removed the long one, not a problem. That is the only issue I have with these big cases.

Thats why you put your heatercores up top and have the fans inside, so the top bays are not usable anyway. :santa:

eXCeSS said:
Thats why you put your heatercores up top and have the fans inside, so the top bays are not usable anyway. :santa:

Ouch I started taking my first look at complete water cooling kits and they are really pricey for the all in one kits. The water blocks dont seem to bad about the same as a good HSF deal. I am going to look into it more, but for now, FANS, Lights and more FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is with another CC light in the top and changed the CPU fan over to a blue LED fan.
I still think I need to remove at least one of the IDE cables and just put 2 drives on one chain.

69.jpg

LOL that picture made me laugh, seeing that psu like halfway down into the case. that thing must be 3 feet tall

I got to thinkong about what would be a good server for you and came up with one thought dual Athlon MP's. They are pretty cheap to build (IE about $700) for 1800's 512 mb ram, MSI mobo and Fortron PSU.

Good luck and its looking good still WC should be cool with that case!!!!!

Back