• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monarch Shipping ROCKS! (Sarcastic)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think so, but they reply seldomly. I only see a couple of recent dissatisfied reviews that they reply to.

Update: Just received a phone call from monarch, they are working to fix the problem and are upgrading to free overnight shipping, product to go out on Monday.

More updates when I know more.

Thanks Monarch, feels much better now.

Same, I got a phone call from Monarch. Sending me HL2/Farcry/Napster everything free.(like their cpu w/ motherboard bundle). Not sure when it will get shipped, but it wil lbe overnight.

Update:
Shipping status, still not shipped but...
Shipping Details
Shipping Code FedEx Standard Overnight
So its official. Free Overnight shipping.

Last edited:
Whn it comes down to it, it is the people that make the diffrence

I just heard about this thread and felt compelled to say some things:
I have had my share of problems with all of the major e-tailors (ZZF, NE, MCS...etc) I must say though that MCS is the only one who seems to actually care about me as a customer. I know they ship a little slower than NE but they actually take the time to verify each order to cut down on fraud against their customers. I, for one applaud them for this. In our immediate gratification world we have forgotten what real customer service is all about and have wrongfully raised folks like NE up who may get us our product quicker but really don't care all that much about us as consumers. To NE we are just profits (hence them going by 4 names.) I prefer a company who still understand that business isn't just about taking the money and running; as evident is some of these follow up posts here. So I say Thank you Monarch, thank you for keeping real people employed and remembering the customer comes first.

Sounds like a Monarch Rep to me. Especially with the "0" Posts like Jason the NewEgg guy. o_O *Topic HiJacking* Are you a Monarch Rep, if so SAY SO! We appreciate rep's at this forum, helps us get our stuff faster/sort out our problems. =D

Super Nade said:
I've bought from Monarch before, thats only because they had the LBBLE stepping I so coveted :). I did not have a problem and it was a Friday. Can't beat newegg though.

PS*
Mate, the heading is hilarious! "Monarch shipping ROCKS". For a moment I thought:-

a. They really did send you a box of rocks a la WorstBuy.

b. They sent you a box of crack! :D

Monarch Shipping ROCKS!

When I saw this, I thought the same thing. Shouldn't they be shipping computer parts? :D

I thought the same thing about Jason, the Newegg rep, until I looked where all of his posts are.

There's no post count in this whole area, and Jason hangs out here. (I do think he needs to make a few posts, to get at least 1 star.)

steve

mauheok said:
I just heard about this thread and felt compelled to say some things:
I have had my share of problems with all of the major e-tailors (ZZF, NE, MCS...etc) I must say though that MCS is the only one who seems to actually care about me as a customer. I know they ship a little slower than NE but they actually take the time to verify each order to cut down on fraud against their customers. I, for one applaud them for this. In our immediate gratification world we have forgotten what real customer service is all about and have wrongfully raised folks like NE up who may get us our product quicker but really don't care all that much about us as consumers. To NE we are just profits (hence them going by 4 names.) I prefer a company who still understand that business isn't just about taking the money and running; as evident is some of these follow up posts here. So I say Thank you Monarch, thank you for keeping real people employed and remembering the customer comes first.

How long have you been on monarchs payroll? (Sarcasm)

Last edited:
waddupmm said:
How long have you been on monarchs payroll?

You might want to tone that down, just a bit. It sounds a wee bit accuasatory, especially directed at a new member.

steve

What needs to be done is peopel to not only allow these "extra" free things because all theya re doing is buying you out to shut you up and make you happy.

it needs to be made clear to them that if this ever occurs again you will be taking your buisness elsewhere and they NEED to make changes on their end to prevent such errors.

^Agree. I replyed that I didn't need/want it. I already have my own copy of HL2/FarCry. All I want is my stuff here as soon as possible(Free upgrade to overnight, even though its STILL late). I wouldn't want to shop monarch again, but tax is killer(Good thing they don't know that).

Talk about walking in front of the firing squad.

Sterling (who spoke with both lilxvietxboi and eaglescouter) alerted me to this forum as I just got back into town today. So, I wanted to first introduce myself in here. I'm typically am a regular on Anandtech's forums, and hope to become a regular around here.

I have looked into both of the orders, and we did have two different issues occur. These issues have been addressed and both orders will be heading out on Monday. Obviously I do not want to go into the full details on each of the orders, but one was delayed to us getting bad info from a credit card company during verification (We're only as good as the person on the other end, and there have been times that we've gotten a rep that didn't know what to look for, where to look for it, or even seem interesting in looking for it) and the other there was in-fact a damaged shipment of the DFI board show up.

As these situations prove, we're not perfect. Mistakes can happen, as we're all human. We do obviously want to take care of each and every customer. Not to sound all fanboy about my employer, but the liberties they give me to take care of a customer are well beyond anyone I've ever worked for. (Trust me, I used to work for a very large telephone company in the south that started with Bell. A world of difference in customer care) They do care about the customer, and if someone that works for them is found to not care, they're gone. No questions asked.

We are a bit different than Newegg. Their primary focus is to be a webstore (or stores, depending on who you believe) and quite honestly they do a good job at it. I'm not here to bash them one bit. Where we are different is the human factor. We're a family run business that has been around since 1991. We have tech support. We have phone sales. We assemble combos, barebones, and systems. You call us, a live human will be on the phone to take care of you. We're located right outside of Atlanta, and you'll talk to someone in our office. We're growing in leaps and bounds since I've started here (2 years ago), and with that there are some growing pains to be experienced. I can not guarantee perfection 100% of the time, but I can guarantee that we'll do whatever it takes to make someone satisified with our service.

So in closing I do want to make myself available to any of you that need any help, or have any questions. You can email me through here or directly at [email protected].

Joe, :welcome: !

Always glad to have a re-seller rep here. (As well as a new Forum member!)

steve

:welcome: to the forums.

Glad to see a rep from Monarch here. Hopefully you guys get everything sorted out as i've had some delays through Monarch as well. Of course with CA sales tax i'm sure you'll see my business again in the future :)

:cool: Ok, in reading my own post again I can see why I am getting flammed here..I did come off kinda employeeish. I just love these guys, and it is kinda like when someone picks on your favorite team, I got all defensive on thier behalf. Sorry :cry:
I do see that Joe from Monarch is on here now, I know Joe and he is one of the people I was refering to who have helped me in the past... so I am glad to see him come on here. As for me working for Monarch, I can be available if there is a position...

Last edited:
I don't think it was quite flaming, but it certainly wasn't all that friendly.

A big :welcome: to you, too.

steve

I just wanted to say that I had two problems on one order with monarch. First, I received a 3000+ retail winchester several months ago that was completely SMASHED on the inside (bad packaging by AMD). Monarch offered me cross-shipping overnight delivery on a Friday (Saturday overnight!!!), and a pre-paid label to send the other back. Just that alone probably lost them their profit with me. Then, I didn't get the overnight package... why? Well, the shipping label they printed was cut off on the left side. Half of my name, and address were showing, not nearly enough to get it to my home. I ended up driving 40 minutes both ways to FedEx and was very angry about it... it wasted my time and money.

I called monarch that Monday, after some time of hold and talking to a few people they offered me a $50 refund. Talk about "keeping the customer satisfied."

All in all, from my situation you can tell that they are not 100% perfect, but they did everything that they could to keep me satisfied. Ever since that bad experience I developed respect for their company.

I don't mind a company making mistakes, but it's admitting to them and making up for them is what makes the true difference.

Glad to have you here Joe! :)

Welcome to the Forums, mate.

I think what we customers are looking for is communication. If only you guys had let the affected people know, at the earliest, that their order could not be processed, everything would be fine. I personally wouldn't mind waiting for an extra few days, if there is a genuine problem. However, please let me know about it immediately. That is all we ask for.

For the record, I have had no problems with you guys. My Venice arrived on time. No hassles. :)

Best,

S-N

I've had somewhat dissatisfaction with Monarch, but I think it has to do more w/ FedEx than Monarch. Everytime I order something it always ends up getting held a the sort facility. I have no clue why. Stuff from the egg never does though. Monarch is a great company though. They are much more personal than newegg.

Back