• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

motherboard might be fried :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

striderstone

I have a rampage 4 extreme black edition and today around my area we had a rolling power outage/surge.

The power went out for a split second and came back on. After it came back on my computer turned off and then tried to turn on but didn't make it.

I waited about 15 minutes with it unplugged from the wall and tried a different wall outlet, turned it on but still nothing.

The motherboard error code blinks to 00 for a split second but then goes away.

The lights on the power, reset, and sound card are on as long as I have the power plugged in (before and after I press the power button)

There is an amber light at the bottom right of the computer and what looks to be 2 red ones at the bottom left from the sound card.

When I press the power button leds on the 4 video cards light up, fans, pumps, and everything else flickers on but then never turns on after that unless I cycle the power.

If anyone has any ideas.....please!

Try to reset BIOS with the button at the back that looks like an arrow with a circle. If that doesn't work, take the battery out for about 15 minutes. What kind of PSU do you have?

When I press the power button leds on the 4 video cards light up, fans, pumps, and everything else flickers on but then never turns on after that unless I cycle the power.
Full system specs please, and what PSU are you using for 4 vid cards plus the rest of your system?

I have a PSU that won't turn on if the power gets interrupted like that and the fix is to discharge it then plug it back in. (press the power button with it unplugged)

Back