• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard shot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZRock

So I have an ASRock 770 extreme3 mobo, and I was moving around wires to get some better cable management. As I try to turn it on now, everything spins up, seems to be running fine, but I have no video (Radeon 5770). So I tried a GT220, then an old PCI video card, still no video out of any of them. I've made sure the 4 pin and 24pin connectors are on properly... Does anyone have any ideas for me to try before declaring it a bad MOBO?

Have you made sure that your PSU is connected to the cards? It could also be a faulty PSU.

Have you connected the case speaker to the motherboard to hear if it beeps? Most motherboards should give out a series of beeps depending on what fault it is.

Have you tried the basics?

Reseating of all cables?
CMOS reset?
Only plug in necessary devices?
Try to run the system outside of the case?

I know you stated the power supply was good, but how did you determine this and have you tried another in this system?

Ok, EVERY part except the CPU/mobo have been tested in other systems and are working flawlessly. The only thing I haven't done was a CMOS reset, solely because I wasn't sure how that would help the issue at all.

Back