• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Upgrade Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, i have all the money ready to go, $288 in all, and i mentioned it to my parents and they said it was fine; they basically don't care what i do with my money, as long as its not illegal.

I'm going with the Tforce 965pt and the Firestix, but at newegg (/w shipping) it only comes out to about $235, which means i can afford a CPU waterblock to take full advantadge of my bong :attn:

I planning on going with a D-tek whitewater, unless i can find a apogee with 3/8 fitting for less than 50$ shipped.

Thanks again everyone for your input and suggestions

I don't know their shippings rates, but here is an APOGEE starting at $39.95.

Hope you get everyting sorted out.

Bryan d

PS - Will you be putting that old Arock 775 Vsta in the classies? :)

bryan_d said:
I don't know their shippings rates, but here is an APOGEE starting at $39.95.

Hope you get everyting sorted out.

Bryan d

PS - Will you be putting that old Arock 775 Vsta in the classies? :)

I actually bought the apogee from moddersmart last night, but shipping was steep and barely in budget, exactly 10$

I would post the VSTA-775 in classies, but i posted in there a few times before i got an ISP e-mail, so i'm banned for ?90? days

I'll post my (hopefully monstrous) OC results when i get the "new" machine up and running, i just did some mods to by bong cooler, and the water is about 45-50 Fahrenheit under full GPU load :thup:

4od said:
I'll post my (hopefully monstrous) OC results when i get the "new" machine up and running, i just did some mods to by bong cooler, and the water is about 45-50 Fahrenheit under full GPU load :thup:
wholy cripes!
are you sure about that temp?

If so.. INSULATE!

sounds like you could power a frige with that thing ;) if you could hold steady 48F (with GPU load on there you most certianly could)

K, got everything, got it all running... and here is the final verdict

drum roll....
3.jpg
If you cant read it, it's 3.7ghz

That was with very little effort, and that is 32m pi stable and temps don't go over 30c. I'm very happy, but now I'm gunna try pumping the voltage a bit higher and trying to get in the prestigious 4ghz club. Wish me good luck!

I found my final stable OC - 3.6 ghz, stabilty testing with 8 hours of orthos blend, highest temp was 43 C

Very happy with this, but for some reason, i just cant get to 4 ghz :confused:
i guess i was hoping for too much

verification photo-

SuperStable3.jpg

Back