• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

moving onto amd, mobo confusion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It doesn't really matter for "stock" voltage anyway. I've always considered stock to be 1.35v regardless of how high AMD says I can push it within the warranty. With my 940BE I can run 1.15v at stock speeds - and stock vCore (well, 1.3625v) gets me a rock solid 3.52 GHz (if I keep it cool enough) ... :)

It doesn't really matter for "stock" voltage anyway. I've always considered stock to be 1.35v regardless of how high AMD says I can push it within the warranty. With my 940BE I can run 1.15v at stock speeds - and stock vCore (well, 1.3625v) gets me a rock solid 3.52 GHz (if I keep it cool enough) ... :)

ah good to know... now just the agony of getting the actual currency to buy the parts *sigh* :D

I say go for a 890FX mobo,4GB DDR3 1866 at least bundled with at least a Phenom II x4 955/965,or if u r willing to spend more an x6 would be great:rock:

Last edited:
Back