• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1100t gets very hot what should I do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
these stress tests are only tools to help you get in to the ball park, the real stress test is you using the rig day in, day out.

What you stress with does not matter. The chip is still way hot for the vcore used.
You're only fooling yourself. It will not magically get cooler.

I ran it again with FPU enabled, which should draw the highest temps you should see with any usage and it hit a max of 60-61 C.
CPU + FPU.JPG

All I'm saying is that 8 C or almost 50 F cooler is not "magically getting cooler" the prime95 I am using is excessive in the way it stresses the CPU. I'm not using this computer as a supercomputer looking to solve 6 different algorithms at the same time.

Aida is weak.
You don't want to use P95, that's fine.
Loop Realbench for an hour then. It's more realistic.

Aida is weak.
You don't want to use P95, that's fine.
Loop Realbench for an hour then. It's more realistic.

Ok, so I changed my fan configuration by moving the rear exhaust fan back and moving the small fan which was on the VRM to blow across the GPU in accordance with the direction of air flow.

This first image is before the fan move after running AIDA for 14 min
14 Min 6-4-2017.JPG

This is after the fan re-positioning after running it for 24 min. So CONSIDERABLY cooler.
24 Min 6-4-17 After fan reposition.JPG

I then downloaded RealBench and did the loop for half and hour and the core temperatures didn't rise above 52 C. They also have a stress test which I ran for 4 hours and it didn't peak above 56 C shown below.

After 239 Min of RealBench Stress Test.JPG

I really think on this system for whatever reason prime95 (maybe because its an older version) is really unnecessary.

Your temp is maxed out. Test with your normal activitys now for a few days and see if you lock or BSOD. You might be ok.

Optimum temp for Thuban before it goes unstable is around 55c-60c. You want to stay under that with your daily activity's. It's no longer about P95 because you're not using it.
Everybody already knows that P95 is tougher than almost all day to day stuff with the exception of dedicated crunching like F@H or Seti.

Back