• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first FX build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What I got from reading reviews, is it's a good cooler, cooks good, just much more expensive than other brands in the same cooling class. Fans loud. :shrug:

I agree, Though see I did get this one for 40 bucks so... I guess that is why I like it as it was an open box from newegg. Still great cooler if you can get it cheap.
Oh and what was even better is I emailed coolermaster telling them I bought an open box from new egg and that I need a kit for mounting it and some thermal paste, Coolermaster sent me out a full kit for AM3-i7 plus paste for 7 bucks. they have great customer service as well.

You used an IR thermometer to check CPU temps? I don't even want to go down that road... Oye.

Trickson... I will say Johan is 100% spot on. I could pick apart to correct your posts, but feel like Blaylock nailed it. No sense in beating the dead horse...

That said, you can bet your membership here that if there is misinformation being shared, it will be corrected. So those who spread it intentionally or by accident, those people can either open their minds up to those around them and listen to what they are saying - perhaps humbly accepting someone knows better than them on something, or continue on down this path of ignoring those who are here to help. I strongly suggest the former for those people.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I like the FX-8350's. I have built 15 Ryzen PC's but since Ryzen came out I look for sales on 8350's. About a month ago Newegg had an 8350 for 65.00, and a Asrock 990 motherboard for 65.00.
I had most of the other parts so added 8gig of ram, a 500gig SSD and a Gtx 750 card. And it's a heck of a nice PC for the average home user or light gamer. I am actually using it for my backup PC at home.
I found another deal on an 8350 earlier and a friends kid now has that one and very satisfied with it.
Once I decide on another backup i will attempt to sell it and build another....

I just installed 2 HD6790 video cards in crossfire too. It is still an amazing system I love it because it is like MAXED out in every way.
I mean that MB has the best of the best that "This" MB could take. RipJaws RAM and the FX8300 and crossfire. It just don't get any better than that. IMHO.

You used an IR thermometer to check CPU temps? I don't even want to go down that road... Oye.

Trickson... I will say Johan is 100% spot on. I could pick apart to correct your posts, but feel like Blaylock nailed it. No sense in beating the dead horse...

That said, you can bet your membership here that if there is misinformation being shared, it will be corrected. So those who spread it intentionally or by accident, those people can either open their minds up to those around them and listen to what they are saying - perhaps humbly accepting someone knows better than them on something, or continue on down this path of ignoring those who are here to help. I strongly suggest the former for those people.

Cheers.

And if you're not careful they'll smurf ya'. LOL

Back