• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my first intel always been AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RELEVANT details are the key. ;)

Here is the Link

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=42515.0

I did get some where on his first 2 steps I did Blend test 4.5 Lowered the Voltage to 1.27 MAX temp was 63c
just an update

OK IM LOST I looked every where in my BIOS I cant find any thing that he is talking about I clicked On every Option there is

any help ???

Thank you

Ok Got a Little Break On LARGE FFT

NOT I stopped using Real temp because And I dont know why for what ever reason as soon as I start Real temp it changes my Mutli back to 35 automatically Tested it 3 - 4 times when I dont use real temp Multi is stable

2j2t10i.jpg

Last edited:
Realtemp has that turbo function to delselect depending on how you are overclocking... my fault on that...we don't need it anyway, but there is a fix in case you wanted to use it.

that said, no idea what that other link/thread is.. what are you doing at this point? All you should really be doing is figuring out the minimum voltage you need for whatever clockspeed you choose and keep SMALL FFT under 90C.

I do not have the time to read other guides or watch more videos, LOL! The time invested in this endeavor is just short of epic as is!

Yes I know Many thanks to you and all the others Just wanted to update I will keep testing on my own Now I have a Little info of what i should and should Not :)

But so far 4.5 @ 83 max I think this is really good

Man you have the patience of a Saint ED congrats for getting this far, and yes i have managed to fully read all 11 Pages of this Thread! But i have every faith you will complete the task in front of you, more power to you ED.

AJ.

Man you have the patience of a Saint ED congrats for getting this far, and yes i have managed to fully read all 11 Pages of this Thread! But i have every faith you will complete the task in front of you, more power to you ED.

AJ.

:):clap::clap::clap: Yes he Is a good man I cant thank him enough

Last edited:
Yes I know Many thanks to you and all the others Just wanted to update I will keep testing on my own Now I have a Little info of what i should and should Not :)

But so far 4.5 @ 83 max I think this is really good

Just low that voltage a tad more, run prime95 (SMALL FFT) for a bit and see how the temps are.

83C is better, but not all that great.
Good job on getting it this far Firas. :thup:

ED... I can see why you became a senior member then a mod...
Nice work. :)

Ok new updates

I tried Booting in to OS @4.8 that did not work couldn't boot back into windows
I tried 4.7 It booted for 30 minutes and boom restarts

then I tried 4.6 @ 1.274 V it worked ( note I was set @4.5 1.27V I passed blend test for 30 minutes ,,, Passed Large FTT for 30 minutes Both max temp 80c
But on small FTT No BSOD But max temp is @105C )

So I figured every thing is working fine Coz i dont have any more BSOD BUT mY temps are high . This is why I choose 4.6 @ 1.274V and Played My games Setting all on max played for 3 hours every thing was 100% smooth and MAX temp was 64c then went back to BIOS and moved PCI Latency one step up setting @96 Played my game again for 2 hours every thing is wonderful max temp @64c

So I consider me super on Air with 4.6 1.274V for now it is stable for what i want it to do and happy I will keep it at this clock speed until something new comes up then try to see what Happened :clap::clap:

Any Advice On the PCI move ??

anltfn.jpg

2lxk0hd.jpg

Many thanks

Ok thank you But can you tell me please why ? and what would the damage be ?

I dont know ,,, therefore I am asking

many thanks

Not sure why... But leave it alone. A better question is why are you touching things YOU don't know what they are? Randomly changing things is a recipe for disaster.

If you do not know what it is, either Google it and find out, or ask here before you make a change.

Not sure why... But leave it alone. A better question is why are you touching things YOU don't know what they are? Randomly changing things is a recipe for disaster.

If you do not know what it is, either Google it and find out, or ask here before you make a change.

Pretty sound advice there E_D and especially so since the Z87 chipset has no native support for anything on a PCI buss. If they were to have a PCI slot on a Z87 chipset board a 'bridge' chip to a 1x PCIe lane would have to be used. PCI Latency might still show in bios and actually dead end to nothing. It takes real work for a bios engineer to do it all correctly.
RGone...

IIRC it has to do with the amount of time a device can use the bus.

If it's set too high, one device can hog it to itself.
Too fast, and it might not finish what it needs to do.

I read that when I was overclocking my old Duron, I'm not sure if it applies to PciE though....

Ok guys many thanks ,, so Maybe I take a one step down where it was ,, Although I dont see any thing wrong happening or any instability

Mr.Scott you are right 64 worked better for me

I would Like to Know what does TRIAL mean Please

axyxg.jpg

I would also Like to Know If I would To Buy the Best water cooling system on the market Now
How would this Benefit me If I cant even Boot into windows @4.8 with this CPU ???

I dont get it

Many thanks

So what do you guys think of this test @4.5 Core V@ 1.279 DRAM V @ 1.665

25ox7if.jpg

Ok I have the whole week off and I got the cash :) what would it take to make this site stable @ 4.8

Last edited:
I would Like to Know what does TRIAL mean Please

1tri·al noun \ˈtrī(-ə)l\ : a formal meeting in a court in which evidence about crimes, disagreements, etc., is presented to a judge and often a jury so that decisions can be made according to the law
: a test of the quality, value, or usefulness of something
: a test of someone's ability to do something that is used to see if he or she should join a team, perform in a play, etc.

In this case it probably means the latter, and you'd need to pay for that particular program to unlock the items covered by "TRIAL"

1tri·al noun \ˈtrī(-ə)l\ : a formal meeting in a court in which evidence about crimes, disagreements, etc., is presented to a judge and often a jury so that decisions can be made according to the law
: a test of the quality, value, or usefulness of something
: a test of someone's ability to do something that is used to see if he or she should join a team, perform in a play, etc.

In this case it probably means the latter, and you'd need to pay for that particular program to unlock the items covered by "TRIAL"

except it's HWMonitor... I've never seen this TRIAL thing..

Back