• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Water Cooled Rig So Far

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You could go with any of the first 3 GT fans. Even the 1850 rpm GT fans are pretty quiet (well below 30 dBA) and will give a little better airflow and static pressure. But even the 1100 rpm variety should work well on the RX360 with it's large FPI spacing on the rad. They would also probably work well on the MCR320-QP Swifty rad too, since it's not as thick in cross section and the RX rads. I don't know about the newer Swifty rads like the MCR320-XP, since it has a higher FPI than the QP version.
Ok the XSPC I picked out is the RX390 Rev2, is that ok?

You mean the RX360 Rev. 2? Yes, they are actually slightly more efficient than the original rev of the RX360. I have 1 original rev and 1 rev 2 model and I can't see any big difference besides changing from gloss black to matte black on the paint. For a comparison of the differences between the 2 revisions, I will refer you to skinnee's review.

You mean the RX360 Rev. 2? Yes, they are actually slightly more efficient than the original rev of the RX360. I have 1 original rev and 1 rev 2 model and I can't see any big difference besides changing from gloss black to matte black on the paint. For a comparison of the differences between the 2 revisions, I will refer you to skinnee's review.

Yea sorry thats what I meant. Thanks for the link.:thup:

im running noctua np-12 fans on swifty rads and they seem (in my case) to make a good combination. keeps stuff cool and the noctua's are a quiet fan (albiet low speed) but they push a substantial amount of air for a low speed fan.

im running noctua np-12 fans on swifty rads and they seem (in my case) to make a good combination. keeps stuff cool and the noctua's are a quiet fan (albiet low speed) but they push a substantial amount of air for a low speed fan.
Thanks for the reply:thup:

Hey Kenny, there is a thanks button if you would like to use that. Its located by the quote buttons in the bottom right of every post. :)

f course, you dont have to use it, just pointing out it is available as another option if you so choose. :)

Last edited:
when it comes for FANs, I put them into 3 categories.

1, For radiators. (you need decent Static pressure and Flow)
2, For chassis airflow ( high CFM is good enough.)
3, Performance ( Airflow / dB )

please note, many fans has strong CFM but terrible static pressure, it can be easily tell really, fans with fins that have a observable gap inbetween are usually low with static pressure, and fans like GT with nearly no visible gaps are static pressure kings.

however, if you don't mind going PUSH/PULL, then the static pressure problem almost doesn't exist. And all a sudden, you just want to put the best CFM/dB fan on both side for best performance.

for me, in push/pull config:

SlipStream 1900 RPM
Reeven 2000 RPM
Cooljag 2300 RPM

are all awesome fans. However, do know, of the three, except the Reeven that has enough Static pressure to be decent, the other two NEEDS push/pull to be effective. Else you just be blowing wind to a brick wall.

when it comes for FANs, I put them into 3 categories.

1, For radiators. (you need decent Static pressure and Flow)
2, For chassis airflow ( high CFM is good enough.)
3, Performance ( Airflow / dB )

please note, many fans has strong CFM but terrible static pressure, it can be easily tell really, fans with fins that have a observable gap inbetween are usually low with static pressure, and fans like GT with nearly no visible gaps are static pressure kings.

however, if you don't mind going PUSH/PULL, then the static pressure problem almost doesn't exist. And all a sudden, you just want to put the best CFM/dB fan on both side for best performance.

for me, in push/pull config:

SlipStream 1900 RPM
Reeven 2000 RPM
Cooljag 2300 RPM

are all awesome fans. However, do know, of the three, except the Reeven that has enough Static pressure to be decent, the other two NEEDS push/pull to be effective. Else you just be blowing wind to a brick wall.

So you wouldnt go with Gentle Typhoon on push pull?

I think he is saying you don't really need to do push/pull with the GTs as they have enough static pressure to overcome high FPI rad restrictions.

Back