• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MYSTERY PRIZE AND HD5870 CHALLENGE REVEALED!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm running 400x9 to get 3.6 on my Q6600. How can i make it fold faster? is a faster FSB better or more Mhz? I was able to get the thing up to 4.0 with a 9 multi but i need to increase by 10% some how:comp:

I'm running 400x9 to get 3.6 on my Q6600. How can i make it fold faster? is a faster FSB better or more Mhz? I was able to get the thing up to 4.0 with a 9 multi but i need to increase by 10% some how:comp:

Increasing clockspeed is better than increasing the fsb.

But, since I'm not folding for team 32, I think I can do that. Send me a pm, and I'll have a 9800gt folding for you from Jan. 10th to Jan. 16th.

So looks like I have someone will to fold me me. Not a member here. Do I need them folding under my name or do I need them to sign up and fold a different name and then have the points added from there?

You know what, that is a good idea... If they want to sign up with their own username that's fine with me, please have them post their folding name in the signup thread stating that they are folding for you and i'll add your points together.

Remember they must be folding for T32 and be a new member.

I discovered another loophole in this contest. It is a little bit unfair to have new members join up without a folding history since I don't have any way to set a benchmark and set a challenge them. I have decided that these new folders will neither count for or against the requirements for the 5870 to be given away. Weather or not they will be eligible for the 5870 I haven't decided yet since the requirement is to fold 10% more than your best. Well 10% more than 0 is well... 0... and that's the problem.

I will take all this feedback and create an updated set of the rules tonight.

E5200 is running at 3.8ghz, AthII 245 is running at 3.6ghz, E1200 is running at 2.66ghz. I'm giving it all i've got :D

I might be able to get a PhII x4@3250 going with win7 SMP on friday, i think i'll have to if i want to get the 10% over, not turning my main box on till tuesday hurts.

Aaaactually, i have a 46kpoint week i got via borging a computer i had legitimate access to for most of the week.
No way in hell i can beat that, bummer :(

Y'all will have to proceed without me.

Stats tracking (for the 5870 prize) starts this monday at midnight. We will find out if the 5870 is eligible for giveaway and if so who wins it 1 week later.

I thought that the 5870 drawing was going to be the last week of the contest but we may just end up with something like 3 more weeks worth of prizes after the big drawing (currently in negotiations for 6 more pieces of hardware).

Doesnt lookl ike I will be running for this one as as of Yesterday I Have had to Shut Down Half My Folding Rigs as getting way to Hot here 40+C,s last few days and next week to be the same

Even with AC on to Dam Hot for FAH running, on Quad,s or GTX-295 !!

Doesnt lookl ike I will be running for this one as as of Yesterday I Have had to Shut Down Half My Folding Rigs as getting way to Hot here 40+C,s last few days and next week to be the same

Even with AC on to Dam Hot for FAH running, on Quad,s or GTX-295 !!

Put box fans in the windows ;)

Put box fans in the windows ;)
And drag in the 46C heat ,, windows closed and drapes drawn and A/C on way too Hot to have any Windows Open!!

But Today we have a reprieve between hot spell 23C and cool breeze so able to have some Rigs going and rest doing some maintenance on !

Going to get Hot again from Friday again though

And drag in the 46C heat ,, windows closed and drapes drawn and A/C on way too Hot to have any Windows Open!!

But Today we have a reprieve between hot spell 23C and cool breeze so able to have some Rigs going and rest doing some maintenance on !

Going to get Hot again from Friday again though

I think he was referring to using them as a household exhaust room/fans :D

Back