• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MYSTERY PRIZE AND HD5870 CHALLENGE REVEALED!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like I'm going to be about 40K short. :bang head

Well, that's what I get for having a GTX 295 out on RMA that was working durring a week and a half of the contest. Plus the internet being down for almost a day at work, cutting off my work rigs. And my ace-in-the-hole didn't get his clients running until Wendesday night.

Hopefully enough other people will get their boosts so someone wins that card.

Good luck to you all! :thup::salute:

well, its official... I've folding 100% MORE than my best week, I gets my 5 chances to win!

Not bad for 2 GPUs, 81k week :D

PS- Ozzlo, lemme know when you want my address for the shipment you will be sending me :D

Last edited:
Oh, and just checked and my work computer (good for about 22-24K ppd) rebooted sometime yesterday.

Oh, and Bluefalcon13, I may be wrong, but I think the 5 think only counts towards having enough people to put the card in the mix. The drawing for it should be the same as we've been doing, only the pool is limited to those that qualified.

Say 100 people in the contest. 50 need to increase by 10% to get the card included. If only 10 people go over 10%, but all of them actually increased production by 100% (10 people x 5 entries each = 50 people), the card is added.

well boo... that means I couldve been playing Mass Effect ALL WEEK (just got it during the xmas steam sale for the first time...).

No-no, you may have been the person who did enough to make the card available at all. Kudos to you! :salute:

No-no, you may have been the person who did enough to make the card available at all. Kudos to you! :salute:

bah... that person is onefstsnake... went from 2 smp clients, and 2 gpu clients, to 1 i7 biggies, 3 gpus, and 2 smp....

either way, I'm playing some games hardcore next week! This whole week I've been bored cause the time I've normally spent gaming was spent twiddling my thumbs cause I wanted to double the numbers Ozzlo got on my best week. Mission successful, back to gaming :D

Last edited:
Well from the 11th till today I have made 283,466 Points. (estimating todays totals)
Looking at decembers weekly totals Im about 300% up or so.

Im only running 2 GPU clients and 2 CPU clients Blue. :cool:

Yeah the 8600GTS wont fold anymore. I might start up the old athlon. It made ~1900ppd. The GTX 285 makes around 10k ppd and the 8800Ultra ~6000ppd.

I stopped folding on my X2 cause it was killing the 260 + 8800, and the mbp was having some wierd hostname issues but I think I have that fixed now... Should be getting about 600 ppd from it nOw due to parttiming on it

Wow, that's at least 4 people that have gone 100%+ increase....

Well i'm going over the numbers now and well... Things are ridiculously close... I'm checking for errors before posting the results. It comes down to the interpretation of the rules... which is not a position I wish to be in. :(

I may have to post a poll...

Dang that was intense...

If I loosely interpret the rules the total comes to 47/85 (55% of contestants met the challenge)
If I more strictly interpret the rules the total comes to 42/78 (53% of contestants met the challenge)

The final verdict is...

THE HD 5870 WILL BE GIVEN AWAY!

Drawing to be held within the next couple days

Now that it is determined that the card will be given away, I need to determine who is eligible to win it... Under the current rules only 21 people are eligible to win the card, I am thinking of expanding that to contestants that had any %increase over best at all. I may host a poll on that...

Last edited:
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]Now that it is determined that the card will be given away, I need to determine who is eligible to win it... Under the current rules only 21 people are eligible to win the card, I am thinking of expanding that to contestants that had any %increase over best at all. I may host a poll on that...
[/COLOR]

I would support that as long as those who actually had large increases get more entries into the raffle (aka if you counted for 2 people on the 50% people, then you get 2 entries in the contest).... just an opinion, you are the boss after all :D

Now that it is determined that the card will be given away, I need to determine who is eligible to win it... Under the current rules only 21 people are eligible to win the card, I am thinking of expanding that to contestants that had any %increase over best at all. I may host a poll on that...

Sure, make a poll. I'm all for opening it up to others that had a significant increase as well. It's always a team effort anyways.

Now that you've passed OCAU and the mystery prize is unlocked, I've set my rigs to -oneunit. It's been fun, I'm glad the OCAU pass happenned before the EVGA takeover.

Back to SETI for me.

Duner, thanks for your help.

Let us know if you find any little (no, I won't say it!)

Just Thanks a heap, Duner - appreciate it!

Back