• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Name this cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

My brother in law gave me an old Socket 775 Gigabyte motherboard with RAM, CPU and cooler. What is this beast of a tower cooler with the hole in the center?

I would guess it is a Scythe something or other

Yup, that looks like the Scythe to me unless it is some copy. I had the copper version and other than the weight, it worked great. On a tight motherboard the mount can get to be a pita which is why I ultimately gave it up.

Can't find a Scythe Ninja with the round hole in the center. Must be a knock off.

Yup, that looks like the Scythe to me unless it is some copy. I had the copper version and other than the weight, it worked great. On a tight motherboard the mount can get to be a pita which is why I ultimately gave it up.

Push-pin heatsinks are a pain, in my experience. I like the screw-to-back-mount heatsinks (very commonly used, OEMs usually use screw-to-back-mount heatsinks) or a nut-and-bolt (like a Cooler Master that I have) heatsink.

Other than that, good.

Back